Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Recommend 110 Negative Scanning Service?

I found some ~35-year-old 110 negatives that I didn't realize I had anymore. I'd like to get them scanned. They're just snapshots, and probably not very good ones at that. But ... I took the photos while living in England in the early to mid-70s.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a good and fairly reasonably priced service? I've found BritePix. Anyone have any experience with them?

TIA!

12-31-2010, 12:19 AM   #2

Britepix sends your film to Costa Rica where labor is cheaper, yet charges more than Larsen in Utah.
Not an endorsement of Larsen (they were the first google hit on 'michigan photo scanning' though they aren't in michigan). From looking at their description they'd probably do an okay job. (and as someone who did a fair amount of scanning at a film lab, I was going to mention/warn about the outsourcing before I saw Larsen's webpage - I suppose that's one marketing direction to take. Hope it works for them.)
12-31-2010, 07:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hey thanks. Larsen didn't come up when I googled "110 negative scanning", but thanks for the pointer. Larsen does look better than BritePix. I'll give them a call.

Thx again!
02-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
Forum Member

I'm a little late to the party but I'm happy with the 110 scans I had done by Pearson Imaging.

Brad

02-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Brad.

I just got the 110 negatives back from Larsen the other day, and I'm pleased with the job they did. I also happened upon a roll of b&w 35mm negatives from 1961, so I had them scanned as well. Very nice. I'd use them again.

I sent ~1200 35mm color negatives and slides to ScanCafe, simply because they were less expensive and supposedly do a good job. I just got an email from them that they're starting my scanning job. They've had the originals since the beginning of January. I sent the job to Larsen a couple weeks after the one to ScanCafe, and Larsen's is back already. Of course ScanCafe doesn't do their scanning in the US.