Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Developing OLD c-41

A friend of mine, who knows I'm into film, brought me two rolls of expired since 80-something C-41 film. He then asked me if I could develop it (I do my own B&W, he knows) I laughed at him, because C-41 is a royal ass pain to self-develop. Anyways, it's really old, long-lost, family pictures, and I couldn't point him to CVS in good conscience (they can hardly get my FRESH film done right), so I was wondering if someone here might be able to recommend a good place to develop 2 decade old C-41.

Any leads or advice is greatly appreciated.

12-31-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Anywhere that can process C-41 film.
I don't think there is much that can be done to the C-41 process regarding old film, so any C-41 lab that does a decent job will be as good as anywhere else.
01-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd just send it to a decent place, get the machine prints, even, and use the new tech to scan and see what you can make em into. The color's going to be pretty off, at the very least. Might be pretty clean-uppabe. I've had some luck with some old exposed film I just couldn't afford to process for a number of years, and I'm sure much better results will be possible when I get better at the whole post-processing thing, so it's worth a go.
03-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
I would call B&H and see if they can develop your flim. Google developing old c41. There are answers there for you

duneshot