Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Processing Procrastinators' Anonymous!

OK, everyone, I thought this'd be fun... But also looking for some peer pressure on getting caught up on my film processing while I've got the decks cleared in my kitchen. Must... Mix... Chemistry.

Also, it looks like I've got some rolls to finish, and the Sightseer's here. Could be excursion time just to finish these up.

02-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For me this problem all began when I got my first two-reel developing tank...

Chris
02-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I think for me it's mostly been my wonky, frustrating scanner, and also my print darkroom space not working out, and for a while there the possibility we might move any given month. I was better off just filing negs. But, there's been digital to learn and all those issues: it's a little oblique, but at least having a proper monitor now I've been saving for makes my duping setup more appealing. Time to get diligent.

Update Friday evening..: Well, there's two rolls of fast film that were sitting way too long... Now RML deserves a treat... And then to finish a few of these in cameras.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 02-04-2011 at 05:20 PM.
02-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not me,
I develop/scan the same day I shoot 95% of the time.
I roll my own (short rolls - 20-25).
No wet darkroom
I shoot 3-5 rolls a month.
Legacy Pro (Fuji Acros 100) from Freestyle.
In fact, as I type, I am scanning.
Pentax Super Program / Vivatar 28mm f/2 early version (shorter focus from INF - Closest point)

From Today
COLD

Last edited by arbib; 02-04-2011 at 09:04 PM.
02-04-2011, 11:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I process them pretty much straight away however I have a half roll I took out of a camera (to put something else in) that is from 2004 (just checked some scans from another roll taken the same day!) that I look at occasionaly and think I should process... but then decided I'll leave it a little while longer. Funny thing is I can recall excatly what the last frame is thatwas taken, but no idea what the earlier ones will be.

A few years ago, I found a couple of rolls of film in a box that had been exposed (I'd written on the cannisters) that I processed. I dated them from the pics and they were 14-15 years old at the time.

Maybe this should be the sign to go process that roll!
02-06-2011, 05:15 AM   #6
Veteran Member

...I just developed a roll of ~70 year old Verichrome (labeled "2-Brownie") that someone had left in a camera. No pictures, but three (!) impressions of the folded bellows/lens board... which is mind boggling: the film had to sit on those three frames long enough for cosmic radiation to have made the x-ray impression... either that or the camera was stored in a radon warehouse

So yeah, compared to that, any one of us procrastinators is a piker...
02-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
any one of us procrastinators is a piker...
Truly words of comfort,would of said it sooner,just dont know what came over me.

Been wanting to post this old 3m chrome(not enough space to list excuses why I didnt)
Was one the first if not the first time pushed processed anything.Was in 1 stop neighborhood,
400(asa) to around 800(asa).Actually dilly-dallied with latent images
for a couple weeks before throwing in jobo and doin it.(again,see above for explanation).
A louisiana night heron rookery, ME super & A70-210/4 on 3m 400(800)asa chrome,circa 1985

Now that this is done,anyone know where I can get anymore of this 3m stuff?

Attached Images

Last edited by BillM; 02-22-2011 at 12:42 AM. Reason: wrong info
03-01-2011, 05:35 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Found a 4x5 DD (Double Dark film holder) today with a bit of paper stuck to it indicating it was exposed on 22/5/2008 and overexposed 4 stops at 1/15sec @ f5.6 (must have forgotten to close the aperture down). I dug out the other sheet taken at the same time with the 'correct' exposure (1/15th @ f22) which was developed in Xtol 1:1. For this 'lost' neg I decided to try some HC110 Replenisher that someone had given me many years ago. Ran some over my fingers to see if it still had that soapy feeling developer usually has and decided to try 1:50 for 5mins which was a complete guess. Here's the results (one on left is the newly developed neg). Think I'll have to print them both just to see what a print looks like.

03-01-2011, 05:48 AM   #9
Zav
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BillM Quote
Truly words of comfort,would of said it sooner,just dont know what came over me.

Been wanting to post this old 3m chrome(not enough space to list excuses why I didnt)
Was one the first if not the first time pushed processed anything.Was in 1 stop neighborhood,
400(asa) to around 800(asa).Actually dilly-dallied with latent images
for a couple weeks before throwing in jobo and doin it.(again,see above for explanation).
A louisiana night heron rookery, ME super & A70-210/4 on 3m 400(800)asa chrome,circa 1985

Now that this is done,anyone know where I can get anymore of this 3m stuff?
3M is out of film business. I think they sold their stuff to Ferrania (brand is Solaris).