Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ron Boggs Quote
I've used the Better Scans variable MF carrier for a different Epson scanner, but same or similar adjustable unit. Enjoyed calibrating it and it works splendidly and is well made. I can recommend it highly, though you'll likely find that the adjustment doesn't make near the difference you had hoped for--but there is some noticeable difference.
Are you using by chance the V700 or 750? I have a 700 and I find that the film sags - or bulges - enough to make a sharp corner to corner scan difficult, to say the least. While I'm scanning mainly for cataloging purposes, a sharp scan would make a fine contact sheet. Are using the ANR glass or the t bars? "Adjustment" is for height, I assume.

Thanks,

George

03-12-2011, 04:35 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I don't believe Buddha is heavy enough (don't forget : he can levitate ).
So I ordered today the Variable Height MF Film Holder for Epson at betterSacnning.

Last edited by fs999; 03-21-2011 at 09:13 AM.