Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2011, 01:03 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
...oh, by the way...If you are wanting to consider film that is more "interesting" than accurate, see if you can get your hands on some Ferrania Solaris. It is available in both ISO 100 and 400 speeds and can be very rewarding for certain subjects (think street and off-beat...). It is a difficult to come by in North America, but rumor has it that the house brand film from fourcornerstore.com is Solaris 100.

For examples of that special Ferrania look:
Flickr: Ferrania Wonderland
or search this site. Several of us here on PF have shot with Ferrania over the years.

Steve

07-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
The Ektar is the better of the 2 100 ISO neg films left out there (the fuji 100 is a consumer grade film)
In Slides like the provia they are all very exposure dependent. I would tend to avoid them for street shooting as mentioned, otherwise If i shoot colour at this speed range I usually shoot slide. The Provia as mentioned is an excellent all rounder, my preference is the Velvia 50 though as I would be shooting landscape and architecture if I was shooting slide at lower iso. I haven't tried it yet but the Ektachroem E100G is supposed to be a fantastic film

For a street negative film I shoot fuji pro400 it's an excellent film, I usually have a polarizer on which deals with some of the excess light if need be, and you can always use a small ND filter (ie ND4)

EDIT: of course this is all 35mm, choices are different in 120 and you can still get Fuji Reala 100 in 120 which is a great neg film
Just tried my first roll of Kodak E100G and yes it's very good.

Better than the E100VS or the late E100GX.

Phil.