Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Good thread!

I concur with using distilled water for the wetting agent final rinse. Yesterday I used tap water - I was too lazy to walk downstairs and replenish my supply - and despite the wetting agent I had some deposited minerals. Yuck!

Looking at my "darkroom" with a critical eye I hang the negs over a bathtub. No worry about drips. But, there is a HVAC duct blowing down into the bathtub! In this weather here in Georgia I shudder to think of doing without A/C, but maybe I should shut down the unit while the film drys.

I really like the home-made drying unit. I have a little fan for ventilating a darkroom which I bet would do a fine job. That and a shop vacuum filter on the intake side and dust should be held at bay. I wonder if putting the fan on the bottom with a suitable baffle to keep water from dripping on it and the intake on the top might be a good idea.

06-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi, Cuch
Here is my "Dust_Hutch" which holds the drying racks, enlarger etc. filtered air gently downward. Stores the negs too.
(repost) https://www.box.com/s/ugsv2xu8kxp50a9umb8m