Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Help me please

New to the forum and have a few questions I am hoping that some of you can help me answer.
Brief background: My father just gave me his ME Super and I am going to have it sent to Eric for a CLA. I also have my old Canon Elan 7E 35 mm camera that I have used for years. With dad giving me the Pentax my desire to shoot film has grown again. A few years ago my inlaws bought me what was supposed to be a complete darkroom setup. I have been digging through it and think that there are several things missing. What I have is a Beseler 67S enlarger with a Beseler Dichro 35S light source on it. I also have a Beseler 50mm HD 2.8 enlarging lens. There are various other items but my main concern is the enlarger. I do not have any of the manuals to this stuff and I haven't been able to find much info on the web as how to set it up. I can mount the lens but I am not sure that I am doing it right or if there is another piece that I am missing. I can take some photos to post if that will help. Does anyone have any info that might help me. I know that this is a broad question but I am very green to this and just want to learn. Thanks.

Garrett

06-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Google is smoking nervously...James's Camera Collection: Manuals and Documentation
06-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Garrett, not to sound snooty but have you googled " HOW TO SET UP A DARKROOM AT HOME"? It results in about a million hits.........
06-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I saw that already but they don't list the Dichro 35S light source and the 67CS that they have listed doesn't look like what I have.

06-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
USN I have and you don't sound snooty. I have the concepts and ideas down it is just this particular equipment. I can work on cars but still the the manuals for a particular model to know what wire runs what light and sensor.
06-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
it is really a "hard case"...http://www.jollinger.com/photo/cam-coll/manuals/enlargers/beseler/Beseler_67CS.pdf

06-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Vasyl. I have seen the video also. The Lamp house has a blown bulb right now so I have to find a replacement for that. I will take the link you sent and print out the manual and see where I get tonight. Thanks for your help.

06-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I think that I am starting to get it figured out. I do have another question. The bulb that is in the 35S is blown. I have found the exact replacement bulb for 45 bucks however there are others that are much cheaper that are listed. They are all listed as 82V 85W rated at 40 hrs etc. Looking at the photos of the differnt bulbs they look a bit different with regards to the inside reflecor material. Do I need to stick with exactly what is in it or will one of the others work. I don't want to get something that isn't right. Thanks.
06-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any code ESJ lamp should do. I see them available for far less, too.

I strongly advise you buy two. Take it from an old printer: Always have a spare available.
Once you have set aside the time, and developer, stop and fix are poured into the trays
you will not want to wait two weeks to complete a printing session for the lack of a bulb.

That dichroic color head will be quite useful for black and white printing, too.
The built-in filters can be used to adjust contrast with variable contrast paper.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 06-10-2012 at 04:15 PM.
06-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #10
Inactive Account

ESJ are $18 each at topbulb.com
06-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Chris, that is what I have been reading and I will take your advice and get two.
Bob thanks for the webiste.