Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
Forum Member

Slide copier

i was just wondering, if you use a bellows and slide copier mount and shoot at negative film with negative film would it come out positive? making "chrome" film on negatives? i cant seem to find any info online (might be searching wrong as i dont know how to word it) and its been bugging me all day as negative film would reverse colour so if you reverse the colours on a already negative film wouldnt it become positive?

06-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I did a lot of slide to slide copying over the years with a lot of success. I used a slide copying copying tube which is a 100 times easier than bellows setup. Tried my tube on the digital camera and was disgusted with the results. So from that point of view I would say using a scanner gives me a good result but not the slide copier. using the scanning software usually allows the reversal of colours. (mine does) My suggestion is to consider an electronic slide copier but check what software it comes with.
06-28-2012, 02:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

You would still have the orange mask to deal with, unless you shot with an 'unmasked' film like Rollei Digibase.
06-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You've got the general idea, but - as artobest stated - most negative film for cameras has a orange dyed base that would cause some problems. And you'd have some problems with selecting the correct color temperature of the light source to get the best results. But conceptually, you're right.