Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2013, 11:18 AM - 1 Like   #16
Inactive Account

Lots of great advise, some is personal preference. My two cents:

- If you are starting use liquid developer not powder (D-76 is classic but it's from powder).
- I strongly feel that the steel reels are much easier, BUT you have to get good ones. Get the Hewes, they are expensive, but you will be SOO happy. If you get the $5 ones you will stop processing your own film before you start! As previous post said, the plastic reels have to be BONE dry which, for me at my kitchen, is not going to happen.

Todd

Last edited by Tom S.; 01-18-2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Advertising & personal links not allowed.
01-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tbreslow Quote
Get the Hewes, they are expensive, but you will be SOO happy.
1+ on the Hewes...there is no substitute...

Steve
01-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #18

Original Poster
I might look into that, I've processed a few films now using plastic reels using a light proof bag. I think the 3rd one I did the reel was a little damp and it took me over an hour to load the film - Not Fun!

I've also had a crack at printing over christmas, fantastic fun and really happy with the results.
Thanks to everyone who gave advice
01-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #19
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by wurbledood Quote
I might look into that, I've processed a few films now using plastic reels using a light proof bag. I think the 3rd one I did the reel was a little damp and it took me over an hour to load the film - Not Fun!

I've also had a crack at printing over christmas, fantastic fun and really happy with the results.
Thanks to everyone who gave advice
Over an hour to load the film?! Oh no! Please, go for the Hewes reels. They will make you smile.