Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2012, 10:04 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Kodachrome

I've got my Kr out of action for a short while, so I loaded some Kodak Ultramax 400 in the ME Super... Of course we always like to see what others have done, and while googling, I came across this Youtube clip which I'm sure many of you have seen before.. .but its a great bit of nostalgia for some, and education for others like myself. I hope you enjoy as much as I did.

12-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, Manitoba, Canada
Nice find. It was interesting to watch.
12-10-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had missed that one, thanks for posting.

However as a Kodachrome shooter for decades it’s hard to watch and brings a tear to ones eyes. It was a sad day when Kodak announced Kodachrome was being discontinued and a sad day when Dwayne’s stopped developing it. I shot my last rolls of Kodachrome in Argentina in October 2010 and had them developed two months before the Dec 30th deadline by Dwayne’s.

Kodachrome slides still have the best colours that I have ever seen with any film or digital image. Nothing today comes close.

Phil.
12-10-2012, 12:25 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
have some in the freezer.....in hope....

12-10-2012, 02:23 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I never used Kodachrome but it's an interesting video. I'm entering the world of film photography at a time when many of the greats have passed, they say you can't miss what you've never had, but I'd like to have tried it, just for the sake of it.

I quickly ran a random shot through the Nik Colour Efex Pro software's Kodachrome 64 simulator just to horrify the traditionalists

12-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I never used Kodachrome but it's an interesting video. I'm entering the world of film photography at a time when many of the greats have passed, they say you can't miss what you've never had, but I'd like to have tried it, just for the sake of it.

I quickly ran a random shot through the Nik Colour Efex Pro software's Kodachrome 64 simulator just to horrify the traditionalists
Kodak lists Ektachrome 100G as their replacement for Kodachrome. It too has been discontinued, though you can still buy it and have it processed via E6.

It's pretty good slide film and I prefer it to Velvia, give it a try before it’s too late.

Phil
12-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Looks more like Ferrania 100...

Steve
01-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
So the first video I posted here was the last roll to be processed. This is the story of the last roll to be manufactured... Seemed more like agony than joy for Steve McCurry . Some fine shots in the end.