Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
red lines

Ivanvernon
Great i will do that and report back. Thanks

02-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe I'm looney but I am not seeing any red lines (or any lines) anywhere except in the violin photo. That line is 40-45% of the way down from the top. That cello was very well lit for the photo. I can see reflections on the strut end. Is it possible that line is veneer joint that you aren't seeing in person but somehow the film is under certain lighting? A case of the camera focusing better than the human eye? A filter on the lens with the right lighting could have caused this also.

Suggest you take some more pictures with no filters and different lighting.
02-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
red lines

Colbyt
No , I made the Cello and know where the centre join is the lines are in most of the film but really visible only at full size on the computer, they are visible on the prints but faint.
I used no filters and it was a bit of a snapshot to finish the film.
Thanks for the input though, I will keep searching.
Regards
Bill
02-18-2013, 03:01 AM   #19
Veteran Member

William, I don't know what the processing options are where you live, but you could try sending your films to somewhere like The Darkroom in Cheltenham. Postage (one way) is free and you'll generally get a better service there.

And I do recommend getting your camera CLAed at Harrow Technical. They do a very good job.

02-18-2013, 04:08 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Original Poster
red lines

Artobest, thanks ,yes I will get the cameras done,especially my MX is in need of work,generally I am fairly pleased with the results as Ive not used a film camera for almost 40 years. I would like to do my own developing,but that is for the future!
Regards
Bill
02-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I don't see a line except in the cello pic. I agree with those who blame the scanner - a scratch looks different. There may be a bit of dust caught in the scanner, it is a transient thing. Sometimes I get these at home, sometimes the minilab has them.
For example this CVS minilab scan has a blue line near the bottom

02-21-2013, 12:32 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Original Poster
lines

nesster
Aye, the general consensus appears to be that it is in the processing. I will know when I develop the next film. thanks
Bill