Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2013, 04:21 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Where to get 120 film?

Hi,

I'd like to try 120 film again in my old Yashica Mat 124G. I haven't used it in over 15 years.
Not surprisingly, I can't find 120 film locally any more. I was checking Adorama and B&H. Both have good selection and fair prices but their shipping costs are way too steep, especially for small orders (i.e. 3 rolls). Any suggestion? I'm interested in C41 like either Kodak Ektar 100 or Portra 160.

Thanks,

08-17-2013, 04:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It does look scarce in Puerto Rico. Adorama is listed as having it in Google search.
08-17-2013, 05:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Check Amazon, especially if you have the prime thing.... shipping may be cheaper. Or some ebayer may have it.

I'm unfamiliar with postage to PR for a small, light package
08-17-2013, 05:58 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Shipping to Puerto Rico is the same as the mainland. Same USPS, same rates.
Maybe for lack of knowledge, many ebayers and retailers indicate "No shipping to Alaska/Hawaii/Puerto Rico" or it is ridiculously more expensive. Like if they were going to fly down and hand deliver it.....
OK rant off... Sorry
Checking on ebay, there seems to be plenty of supply in Thailand, Hong Kong and China....

08-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you tried Freestyle?

Home | Freestyle Photographic Supplies

Steve
08-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Hi,

I'd like to try 120 film again in my old Yashica Mat 124G. I haven't used it in over 15 years.
Not surprisingly, I can't find 120 film locally any more. I was checking Adorama and B&H. Both have good selection and fair prices but their shipping costs are way too steep, especially for small orders (i.e. 3 rolls). Any suggestion? I'm interested in C41 like either Kodak Ektar 100 or Portra 160.

Thanks,
Can't speak to shipping costs, but these folks have everything film related and have AAA+++ customer service

Bluemooncamera.com
08-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Feel your pain, living in AK. I have a local shop that carries IlFord B+W 120 film and some color slide film, so that's where I try to buy. Try to find a small hole in the wall antique type camera shop, they may have something. Or, try calling B&H or Adorama directly, placing the order over the phone and asking if they're willing to ship it in a small USPS flat rate box. Haven't done it myself yet, but I have with other online-heavy retailers and they obliged.

Edit-went on B&H last night to order some film myself, and they had USPS shipping options. It was about $6 to ship a 5pk of film to AK, which I imagine would be close to what you'd have to pay in Puerto Rico. That's pretty reasonable imo, especially considering if you can even find the film locally, it'll be more expensive than the shipping cost to you. Just wait till you try to get it developed too...

Last edited by skierd; 08-22-2013 at 10:56 AM.