Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #1

Scanner with autofeeder for prints?

Hello all,

I am looking to start a project of scanning a lot of my family's old photos. They seem to come in three flavors: negatives, slides and prints. I am in the market for a scanner to help with this project and have found several that seem reasonable that can handle the negatives and slides. I do have *a lot* of prints. I recall from a number of years ago an HP scanner with an autofeeder for 4x6 and 5x7 prints (you could put in about 20). I can't find it. All I have been able to find is a discontinued (and expensive) attachment for epson scanners and people selling second hand commercial scanners. Does anyone have an suggestions for helping automate the workflow?

Thanks

10-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Common situation that has been asked numerous times. Perhaps you can search, anticipate followup questions, and then provide more information about your project.
A starting point: how many of each type of source materials are you needing to scan?

M
10-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would need to check but I think my hp office jet can do prints with a custom paper size to eliminate white boarders.

Not sure it can save each to separate files only that it can scan them all to one tiff with embedded JPEG pages

Last edited by Lowell Goudge; 10-23-2013 at 03:21 PM.