Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
Forum Member

CanoScan: WinXP to Win8.1

A few years back I bought a Canon CanoScan 8800F scanner and set it up on a PC running Windows XP. In a couple of months I'm going to be replacing the PC with one that uses Windows 8.1, and am wondering about transferring the scanner drivers and software (including editing software MP Navigator EX 1.0). Has anyone gone through this? Is it better to get the latest drivers and software from Canon? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

02-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a CanonScan 9000F, as well as a number of similar Canon products.

You'll definitely want the latest software and drivers. It works well, and it's not a downgrade in any way that I can recall.
02-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would get the drivers from Canon - that will be the most stable set. As long as they have drivers for Win 8, you are good to go. Myself, I went Win 7 Pro rather than Win 8. Check to see if Win 8 will allow a virtual machine to run XP. I have one, and it works, but is just as slow as native XP Pro SP3, but not much slower. The boot up of the XP Mode is just as long as booting your old XP machine, and after that it's about the same. Get lots of memory.