Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-18-2014, 09:02 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Negative to positive conversion tutorial in Aperture

I found a very nicely written step-by-step tutorial for converting negative images to positives in Apple Aperture. This is something that I have been seeking out for a long time. It goes beyond simply inverting the RBG color curve. I imagine that I'm not the only person who may have been looking for something like this so I am passing it on.

http://blog.davisjesse.com/2012/02/inverting-dslr-scanned-negatives-in.htm

l tried it with some DSLR scanned images of expired film shots. The results were about as well as you could expect from 20 year old, poorly stored film. I imagine that this methodology with equivalent steps in Lightroom or other PP software would achieve good results too.

I printed the blog page to a PDF on my computer just in case this ever disappears.

04-18-2014, 11:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have found that, using a proper white balance, the in-camera filter does a great job.
04-19-2014, 08:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for pointing that feature out! I miss out on it because it is a JPG-only solution and I shoot in raw format.