Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
02-25-2016, 08:46 AM   #16

Location: Stuck somewhere between Torumekia and the Northeastern USSA.
Photos: Albums
What will happen when Ferrania breaks Fuji's monopoly?

02-25-2016, 09:00 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Price drop !
02-01-2017, 05:48 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good news Ferrania has a new "alpha" b&w film ready for shipping this month:

#filmisalive

If you joined the Kickstarter campaign you get a permanent discount on the price of their b&w film.

No ETA on the E6 film yet, as they are still working out the bugs with their equipment.

Phil.
02-01-2017, 06:07 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DantaxD-SK Quote
What will happen when Ferrania breaks Fuji's monopoly?
Today there are reports that Fuji will be discontinuing most of their current lines including the slide films.

So Ferrania may only have to compete with the new kid on the block - Kodak!

Chris

02-02-2017, 01:48 AM   #20
Pentaxian

I wish them luck with their new P30 film (I will need to get some to use in my P30 camera ) but the B&W market is well-served for low-ISO film, so I'm not sure how much impact this product will have. Scratches aside, the results look pretty good in the sample photos on their website. They have said that the discounted rate will be €5 a roll, which suggests that the normal price will be on the expensive side.
02-02-2017, 06:33 AM   #21

Location: Stuck somewhere between Torumekia and the Northeastern USSA.
In the long term I wish them luck in designing and marketing an archival and color accurate color film.
02-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #22
Veteran Member

They have a nice video: FILM Ferrania

too bad Fuji is discontinuing its film production... I hope they come back, like Ferrania and Kodak...

03-16-2017, 09:56 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not sure anyone has put this up yet - more about Ferrania and mostly their black and white P30 film project:

A wonderful insight into both the ins and outs of film manufacture and the logistical difficulties involved in restarting it & fine-tuning the product in the market.
03-16-2017, 11:05 AM   #24
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
A wonderful insight into both the ins and outs of film manufacture and the logistical difficulties involved in restarting it & fine-tuning the product in the market.
As Zeb was talking, it suddenly struck me that he is an acquaintance. I am a customer at Blue Moon Camera in Portland where he is the manager. The next time I am in there, I should tell him I am an investor

Steve
03-16-2017, 01:17 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep just ordered five rolls of the P30 b&w film. (You are limited to five rolls at the pre-order phase)

If you donated to the Kickstarter campaign you will get an email with a discount code, which is a good discount.

Phil.
03-16-2017, 04:15 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Let us know how it turns out. I am awash in film at the moment and don't know what to shoot next - I have an MX which just got back from a holiday to Australia with one of many rolls of film almost freshly loaded; there's a few more yet to be developed, and there's an S1a which I left behind with a roll of Tmax 400 in it still mostly unshot, which I'm pulling down to 200 just for the fun of seeing what happens. My mother in law gave me several boxes of Kodak Gold 200 that was about to disappear forever from Walmart's shelves, and a lovely chap on this forum who gifted me a camera bag also very kindly threw in four rolls of Fomapan 200. On top of all that, when I dropped into Kerrisdale Cameras last week (on vacation) they had TriX 400 so I also picked up a roll of THAT to try, to see for myself just how it stacks up against Tmax before I order a huge brick of it.

Whew!

The colour print film will all go to the lab and is an embarrassment of riches right now, especially with all the snow hanging around and nothing very colourful to photograph, but as they said in the video - think of your local lab. I don't have one in bricks and mortar - it all goes off to Quebec by mail order - but at the very least I can think of my local dispatcher (they are very pleasant people) and make sure they know that the service they provide is still a needed one.
03-16-2017, 04:46 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
when I dropped into Kerrisdale Cameras last week
Great store, did you go to the main store on 41st Avenue? Also if you are back in Vancouver, there is Beau Photo which has tons of film (best selection in town), darkroom supplies and so on. They also have lots of used consignment gear including Pentax 35mm & 6x7 & 645. Great place to check out, though they are closed weekends. (M-F only)

Phil.
03-17-2017, 02:41 AM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Great store, did you go to the main store on 41st Avenue? Also if you are back in Vancouver, there is Beau Photo which has tons of film (best selection in town), darkroom supplies and so on. They also have lots of used consignment gear including Pentax 35mm & 6x7 & 645. Great place to check out, though they are closed weekends. (M-F only)

Phil.
I am back home in Newfieland now; had time for one shot at one camera store and I went to Kerrisdale's main shop because I know it from previous experience. I might give Beau Photo a try next time around, though trying to get developer home may provide interesting logistical issues (it would have to go in checked luggage and might have to be declared as hazardous; Air Canada might not be happy with that).
03-17-2017, 08:25 AM - 1 Like   #29
Veteran Member

Just ordered my 5 rolls.....
04-05-2017, 03:23 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I supported the original kickstarted campaign. I'll wait for color, but plan to get done of the black and white too!