Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Any Alternative to ColorPerfect?

Hello im new to film. I just scanned my 1st roll of film using my K30 with Tamron 90. After doing some tweaking on the scanned images, i get acceptable results. I tried using trial version of ColorPerfect and the colors are way better!!! Though it's very good, i dont seem to the like the price :P

So are there any other alternative to colorPrfect?

09-12-2014, 12:26 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Isn't the price for ColorPerfect $67.00?
09-12-2014, 01:32 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yep... I find it expensive..
09-12-2014, 02:52 AM   #4

I found colorperfect kind of archaic. I got better results just playing with photoshop. It's important to get the input right in adobe raw, then do the levels clipping stuff. To much contrast on import gives a way too 'blue' photo. Not punchy enough and you lose colour information. Use the histogram to max the rgb data and spread it wide, it might take some extreme slider settings. Then I level clip, and reverse, export for lightroom fiddlin'. Scanner output might suit that program better but to be honest its incredible how much technique can improve the images on its own.

09-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I too found color perfect unintuitive, but capable of good results. Lightroom doesn't seem to have the tools to tweak the black/gray/white points for individual channels. I only have Photoshop CS2, but just have not gotten comfortable with the tools.