Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2014, 10:39 PM   #16
Veteran Member
GateCityRadio's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Greensboro,NC
Posts: 503
I do all of my film processing in the bathroom with the lights off. Instead of making prints I scan the film. Hopefully one day I'll have the space to set up a full dark room to do prints and all but for now this works.

09-30-2014, 06:24 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Bcrary3's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 376
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GateCityRadio Quote
I do all of my film processing in the bathroom with the lights off. Instead of making prints I scan the film. Hopefully one day I'll have the space to set up a full dark room to do prints and all but for now this works.
That is what I would do, as I no longer have an area to set up a darkroom, which is unfortunate. I think I soon will be purchasing some developer and seeing what happens with that.
09-30-2014, 06:41 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
OrangeKx's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 809
I use what others have mentioned: the changing bag and developing tank. Sure one has to transfer the film from the film canister "blind" working inside the bag, but I can do the whole process in my kitchen. It's super-easy once the film is safe in the tank. I did the math on having the film done by someone else vs me buying the stuff to do it myself, and in time it will pay for itself.
09-30-2014, 07:12 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Bcrary3's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 376
Original Poster
I have all of the equipment, more or less, I just need new chemicals, which from what it looks like aren't too expensive.

09-30-2014, 10:38 AM   #20
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 9,087
QuoteOriginally posted by OrangeKx Quote
... I did the math on having the film done by someone else vs me buying the stuff to do it myself, and in time it will pay for itself.
It's more than just the math. You can go out shooting your pictures in the day and be posting your scanned images that night! Go look a the medium format thread. Many of the images from the 645D/Z have a lot of exposure blending, focus stacking and PP. You can practically develop your film in the time some of those guys are editing one picture.
09-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
OrangeKx's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 809
True

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
It's more than just the math. You can go out shooting your pictures in the day and be posting your scanned images that night! Go look a the medium format thread. Many of the images from the 645D/Z have a lot of exposure blending, focus stacking and PP. You can practically develop your film in the time some of those guys are editing one picture.
Yup, as soon as I get two rolls ready for developing I run them and then scan the negs into LR4. Much quicker than sending them out to be done.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
film, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pakon F-135 Plus film scanner ChrisPlatt Film Processing, Scanning, and Darkroom 18 06-23-2016 10:00 AM
lab prints from 135 negative film premy2u Film Processing, Scanning, and Darkroom 6 08-15-2014 04:30 PM
For Sale - Sold: 16 Rolls Expired Kodak 135 Film Jamey777 Sold Items 2 01-26-2014 09:15 AM
Scanning in your 135 film (Pakon!) Jamey777 Film Processing, Scanning, and Darkroom 7 12-10-2013 12:37 PM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax FA* 85, 43 Silver, 40 Silver, DA 18-135, Zeiss 50 1.4, Kx film Immortal.Eternal Sold Items 6 08-30-2013 10:09 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:23 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top