Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2014, 10:39 PM   #16
Veteran Member

I do all of my film processing in the bathroom with the lights off. Instead of making prints I scan the film. Hopefully one day I'll have the space to set up a full dark room to do prints and all but for now this works.

09-30-2014, 06:24 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GateCityRadio Quote
I do all of my film processing in the bathroom with the lights off. Instead of making prints I scan the film. Hopefully one day I'll have the space to set up a full dark room to do prints and all but for now this works.
That is what I would do, as I no longer have an area to set up a darkroom, which is unfortunate. I think I soon will be purchasing some developer and seeing what happens with that.
09-30-2014, 06:41 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use what others have mentioned: the changing bag and developing tank. Sure one has to transfer the film from the film canister "blind" working inside the bag, but I can do the whole process in my kitchen. It's super-easy once the film is safe in the tank. I did the math on having the film done by someone else vs me buying the stuff to do it myself, and in time it will pay for itself.
09-30-2014, 07:12 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have all of the equipment, more or less, I just need new chemicals, which from what it looks like aren't too expensive.

09-30-2014, 10:38 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OrangeKx Quote
... I did the math on having the film done by someone else vs me buying the stuff to do it myself, and in time it will pay for itself.
It's more than just the math. You can go out shooting your pictures in the day and be posting your scanned images that night! Go look a the medium format thread. Many of the images from the 645D/Z have a lot of exposure blending, focus stacking and PP. You can practically develop your film in the time some of those guys are editing one picture.
09-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

True

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
It's more than just the math. You can go out shooting your pictures in the day and be posting your scanned images that night! Go look a the medium format thread. Many of the images from the 645D/Z have a lot of exposure blending, focus stacking and PP. You can practically develop your film in the time some of those guys are editing one picture.
Yup, as soon as I get two rolls ready for developing I run them and then scan the negs into LR4. Much quicker than sending them out to be done.