Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2014, 01:54 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Processors

I have not done film for a long time. Can i count on local (drugstore etc.) processors to do a decent job. My first few rolls will be just to test the idea of returning to some film picture taking. They would not, at first, be ones I expect to keep or use.

11-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it's just for casual shots, I'm sure the quality will be acceptable. But places like walgreens are rather mediocre compared to actual photo labs.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-28-2014, 03:53 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
I have some recent experience with both Walgreens and the local camera shop (Cardinal Camera), in both cases using the same type of film (Fuji Superia 400) exposed on the same camera (Pentax IQ Zoom 90 WR). The results were night and day: the Walgreens prints had weird color casts with poor saturation and scanning the negatives did not yield better results, while the camera shop delivered very vivid prints and clean, clear negatives.