Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2015, 07:15 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Easypix film and film processing

Living in Canada, I recently discovered that many outlets of Shoppers Drug Mart offer film processing - or at least shipping out to a laboratory that is contracted to do their processing for them (they don't do it on site any more, if ever they did). I gave them a go with two rolls recently, and was reasonably happy with their results (they also include a CD with digitised images, although I wish these were at higher resolution).

I also came across several rolls of just-about-to expire or just-expired (i.e. develop before June 2015) 200ASA and 400ASA film at a very good price per roll, again labelled EasyPix. The film is described as being made in Japan and imported for Easy Pix. I bought the lot because it's cheaper than the local alternatives, it's really not that far out of date, and any problems it has will probably be overshadowed by my failings as a film photographer.

I would be interested to know (if anyone could tell me) who actually makes it (or made it; it may have been a discontinued line). I am under the impression that the people who do the colour developing run a Fuji process, so I suspect it may be bulk Fuji packaged into EasyPix's cassettes, but I won't really know until I get the first roll developed and I can look at the negatives.

08-11-2015, 09:06 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
I have some Easy Pix 200 negatives here, and they have numbers CA23 200N 557 2408 and 642843, whatever all that means. I have read that CA23 has also been found on Superia 200.