Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
12-04-2015, 08:01 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I've certainly given thought to what it would take to do automatic fluid changes with my AgOmatic
It would be difficult to implement if you used a single pump with different developers and different processes - you would need to find a way to reliably purge the system, or there could be cross contamination.

Last edited by Digitalis; 12-04-2015 at 08:11 PM.
12-04-2015, 08:44 PM   #47
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
It would be difficult to implement if you used a single pump with different developers and different processes - you would need to find a way to reliably purge the system, or there could be cross contamination.
I don't see cross contamination a problem for any BW chemicals I use or have ever used. You can open a valve in the agitation tank for fill/drain on each end of the tank. Developer goes in, drain, stop with a healthy water flush, next is the fixer, drain, then after that it doesn't matter. Even in the case of an additional step like PMK of an "after-bath" which is putting the spent developer back in the tank for a couple minutes and then wash.
12-05-2015, 07:21 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
They should have used nixie tubes for the time/temp displays...that would have looked awesome.
They are still available for eg from this company Nixie Displays
Many $ per pixel but Beautiful. We could make a logic circit to drive them using 6sn7GT The 6SN7GT – the best general-purpose dual triode? | Effectrode

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Yeah, that single dial input looked like it would get burdensome after a while.
He probably used a pico with limited inputs.
Anyway to the old fogies like me it is "normal". The first PLC I ever programmed ( for a power station in Torrens Island Australia) had about 1 hex keypad and one enter button.
and I recall the Eproms were of about 256 bytes and to erase them, take outside in the sun during coffee break for some UV . But in UK, the same storage Eproms were being used in the nuclear power stations!
12-05-2015, 09:12 AM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wombat2go Quote
the same storage Eproms were being used in the nuclear power stations
Cherenkov radiation peaks in the ultraviolet range, they would have to be careful where they left those chips lying around.

12-05-2015, 09:23 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They are still available for eg from this company Nixie Displays
Many $ per pixel but Beautiful. We could make a logic circit to drive them using 6sn7GT The 6SN7GT – the best general-purpose dual triode? | Effectrode

Anyway to the old fogies like me it is "normal". The first PLC I ever programmed ( for a power station in Torrens Island Australia) had about 1 hex keypad and one enter button.
and I recall the Eproms were of about 256 bytes and to erase them, take outside in the sun during coffee break for some UV . But in UK, the same storage Eproms were being used in the nuclear power stations!
This is a good project for cleaning out the TTL bin.
12-05-2015, 09:24 AM   #51
Pentaxian

Anyway to the old fogies like me it is "normal".
Yeah and at least a way to get user defined input; otherwise, buttons with menus like I have on AgOmatic the user can never enter input just pick what's on a scripted menu.

I did mine the easy way. That Soekris net4801 board I used had a 20-pin GPIO header and OpenBSD had, out of the box, a utility to read the state of its I/O pins from the command line. I just grabbed some of that source code and modified it for my task and in loop continuously read for state changes which would be a button press.
12-05-2015, 09:32 AM   #52
Veteran Member

I searched but can't get a link to "Agomatic" on pf or google

12-05-2015, 10:03 AM   #53
Pentaxian

I searched but can't get a link to "Agomatic" on pf or google
I just recently posted a link to My AgOmatic Video in another thread. Follow it and you can watch me building it. In retrospect the video is kind of too long. I could have made the scenes shorter. But live and learn.
12-05-2015, 11:16 AM   #54
Veteran Member

Thanks. It is an excellent job you did.
My tank leaks on the first bleach inversions due to pressure. What kind of tank is that ? ( I understand you are using b/w)
12-05-2015, 12:16 PM   #55
Pentaxian

Thanks. It is an excellent job you did.
My tank leaks on the first bleach inversions due to pressure. What kind of tank is that ? ( I understand you are using b/w)
Thanks. Maybe my next version will have 3-D printed parts. I'm using a standard double 120 reel stainless tank for stainless steel reels. I have an holder I mount for single tanks and a rectangle combi HP tank for my 4x5 sheet.

I've done color with the tank in the video by hand and the blix leaks from the lid too even after opening the refill cap to balance the pressure. I think that the blix's viscosity and its warm temperature softens the rubber press-on cap and leaks by. It is messy stuff that blix!!

Last edited by tuco; 12-05-2015 at 12:22 PM. Reason: clarity