Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-27-2016, 05:48 AM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Neat little trick I just saw on YT.

For those people who have rewound their film too far, or whose camera did it for them, and who don't want to tear the factory canister open for whatever reason:

I was actually looking for "pulling film" as in "pull-processing", but this turned up - and as it's a thing I've done more than once myself, I found it quite nifty! Among other things, it means I can cut the leaders off my films and bevel them in daylight before I shove 'em in the darkbag. Must give it a try next time I send a colour film for processing. Until now I've been practising leaving the leader out even with my send-away C41 stuff, but I see no reason not to wind the next one back all the way and try this trick for myself.

04-27-2016, 06:51 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
For those people who have rewound their film too far, or whose camera did it for them, and who don't want to tear the factory canister open for whatever reason:

Quick Tip Film #1: How to pull film out of the canister again? - YouTube

I was actually looking for "pulling film" as in "pull-processing", but this turned up - and as it's a thing I've done more than once myself, I found it quite nifty! Among other things, it means I can cut the leaders off my films and bevel them in daylight before I shove 'em in the darkbag. Must give it a try next time I send a colour film for processing. Until now I've been practising leaving the leader out even with my send-away C41 stuff, but I see no reason not to wind the next one back all the way and try this trick for myself.
Just did that again yesterday. I had bought myself one of these devices to pull out the leader some time ago, but I lost it after I used it for two or three film canisters. There's more complicated DIY methods involving scotch tape, but this method shown here is the easiest way and seems to work very well. I always caught the other end of the film on the first try. To be honest, I licked the piece of film I used to pull out the other one and I was about to post a thread asking about possible health hazards... It really tastes funny.
04-27-2016, 07:17 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arvid Quote
To be honest, I licked the piece of film I used to pull out the other one
Yeah, just run it under the tap for a few seconds. I wouldn't go licking that stuff. I know people are paranoid about "chemicals" these days, but really, why stick anything in your mouth that you don't really need to, when you're not sure what's on it?
04-27-2016, 07:26 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Yeah, just run it under the tap for a few seconds. I wouldn't go licking that stuff. I know people are paranoid about "chemicals" these days, but really, why stick anything in your mouth that you don't really need to, when you're not sure what's on it?
That same thought ran through my head with that piece of film in my mouth. Again.