Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2016, 06:15 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gregxaiver Quote
Thank you for all the answers, sounds like I get a new k1000 body, unless I can find the seals. Looked earlier on my phone but now I am home so I will look further.

Thank you again.
Light seals can be easily done by you. You can use adhesive backed foam or felt, or even wool twine. Before you use a toothpick to clean out the groves the door fits into, cover the interior with a taped piece of paper to keep debris getting into the works. The mirror bumper is easy also using a cut bit of foam. Google for more details.

05-04-2016, 05:02 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
I replaced mirror foam on my film cameras SP1000 and KM by cutting appropriate size pieces from sheet foam from following supplier:
Aki-Asahi Camera Coverings
Easy enough. He also has specific kits if you don't like cutting.
Tutorials there somewhere as well.
05-06-2016, 06:47 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hello everyone,
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond, in looking for the light seals I think the best idea is to buy a pre-cut kit from Aki-Ashi Camera Coverings. It is not that I can't cut just don't have time to be that precise.
Thank you all so much for the help.