Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2016, 09:30 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Intriguing...No, I have never even heard of these. I am willing to give them a try since the maker has one for 127 roll film.

Steve
I have not tried them myself so I'll be waiting for a review. I only know that it's a one man operation and that the holders are 3D printed.

01-05-2017, 12:58 PM   #32
Veteran Member

I received the DiMage IV yesterday and I'm currently scanning negatives on Windows 10 with Vuescan. Here's a very very important information that might be useful to you guys:

"If you have problems with this scanner hanging, try replacing the USB cable with a newer USB cable, preferably a shorter one. This scanner came with a low-quality USB cable, and is also sensitive to USB timing on faster computers."

I had this very problem, I went to Walmart and bought a Purtek 6ft USB-A to USB-B for 6.95$ ( USA Link) and it solved everything.
01-27-2017, 05:03 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I recently invested in a Veho VFS-002 USB Film Scanner kit. The scanner comes with 3 slide bar holders, a for 35mm film bar that holds up to 6 negatives, a 35mm slide bar that holds 3 slides and 110 Instamatic film slide bar for 10 negatives. I was also able to use the 35mm slide bar on 126 film slides as well but slide bar chops the visible part of the slide so you have to play with the orientation to make it work.

It is described as a 5MP Scanner but I think that would only be for 110 Instamatic film because according to the results I've been getting images of almost 18MP on a scan of a 35mm slide or negative at maximum resolution of 4800 dpi in Tiff mode. The scanner processes images very fast and I was able to, once I go the hang of loading film into the slide bar, scan a 24 exposure roll of film in under 15 minutes .

The only thing I don't like and maybe common with all the Veho scanners, is that the scanner will only work with the Acr-Soft Media Impressions-2 software that comes with it. There seems to be no way in the software to control or adjust the level of auto colour and level correction done on the scans so you must be prepared to do, depending on the age and condition of the slides or negatives some post processing either with included software or Photoshop

All in all despite the short comings it is a pretty good buy for $100 Canadian Dollars. Here are some photos reproduced with scanner.The third photo was done with the K1000 and the others were done with the MZ-60

01-28-2017, 07:57 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Helios 1984 Quote
Did anyone tried the ''Negative Solutions'' film holders?
Just happened to come across this discussion, so thought I would offer an opinion from my experience.

I have purchased two holders for my Canon 9000F, and I have had some email correspondence recently with Nick at Negative Solutions about a couple of other holders for my 5 dollar Epson 4870 that might be special cases for him. Yes, the holders are 3D printed by a a small operation, but they have done the job for me. As I go through the boxes of inherited family negatives and slides I keep finding small batches of different sizes, so this is I good option for me.

My concern at this point is primarily to see what I have in the image and get a digital copy. If I find something while digging through the archives that I want to labour over getting a great image I might want to pursue a different method.

The attached images are a scan of the 116 holder sitting on my Canon flatbed, and a scan of a 1950's vintage negative I took with Vuescan.

Hope this is useful.

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
9000F  Photo