Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2017, 02:45 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
In 120 roll film, the film curl is really bad. It's hard to get a flat scan without a drum type carrier. But I like the film and I'm going to keep working with the film and finding a solution to scanning them.
What scanner are you using? Fluid mount on glass is an option with some using the Better Scanning negative holders with many photo flatbed scanners.

Custom film holders for Agfa, Microtek, Canon and Epson film scanners.

Steve

07-26-2017, 03:26 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
What scanner are you using? Fluid mount on glass is an option with some using the Better Scanning negative holders with many photo flatbed scanners.
Steve
CoolScan 9000ED. I have a glass carrier option for this curly film. But I hate using it. It's a dust magnet and years of cleaning the glass has degraded the scan quality. I use mostly the stock carrier with its silly "clamping mechanism" removed, tape the edges and hope for the best. Clearly, their negative carrier was a last minute, get it out the door design.
07-27-2017, 10:46 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
I've been thinking of trying Cinestill for some time, but seem to be out of luck - every time I check their website they seem to be out of it...
You can get it from other places, like B&H, maybe someplace in Canada too?
08-02-2017, 06:51 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Mine curls like mad. My luck.

Normally the film curls so much ends will touch. But in these warmer summer days it only curls this much. You can tape the perimeter down but the stress will cause warps. Below is 80S and the flat one 400TMY. The 400TMY is a green-brown color due to the staining pyro developer I used on it.

On the note of the film's blacks. My Rollei 80S came with a sheet of information on it and it had the characteristic curve of the film. It definitely looks like a "long-toe" film meaning the density in the darkest tones doesn't change much with increased exposure.
I spoke too soon... This roll of Rollei is curling up like that too. I definitely don't remember it doing it the first time I shot it... Could processing make a diference?

08-03-2017, 07:45 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
...Could processing make a diference?
I don't know but I doubt it.