Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2017, 07:31 PM   #16
cpk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm certainly not offended! As I said, your points are very good.

Right now my kitchen runs at almost 88 degrees F. Early morning processing is my only option until cooler weather moves in.

Last edited by cpk; 07-19-2017 at 06:54 AM.
07-19-2017, 05:36 AM   #17
Forum Member

I used to process B&W for about 20 years but stopped about some 20 years ago when I lost interest because I have other priorities. My experience with water quality has not been so fortunate as some of you. I was able to positively correlate problems with water sources. As a scientist, I eventually invested in constant temperature water baths, pH probe, and a RO system with ion exchange bed. When I switched to digital, I also switched to digital dark room. The only thing I kept was the RO water system.
07-19-2017, 06:49 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Are there any definitive guides for developing BW medium format film at home you can point me to? Many I'm aware of are out of date or too brief, or utilize technology I am not interested in buying (dryers, washers, etc). It might be nice to watch a video or listen to a podcast of the proper way to do this enough times to absorb the information. Thanks!
07-21-2017, 07:20 AM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Femto1969 Quote
Are there any definitive guides for developing BW medium format film at home you can point me to? ...
I'd be cautious of some videos I've seen on Youtube. One guy shows you how to develop film using D-76 but his agitation profile he uses is completely wrong for Kodak's dev times! It's an agitation profile for stand development in Rodinal which is completely contrary to how Kodak says to do it!

Both Kodak and Ilford have a step-by-step guide to developing film you should be able to find. Have you read any of them? Here is a link to Ilford's Beginner's Guide

Last edited by tuco; 07-21-2017 at 07:27 AM.
07-21-2017, 11:47 AM   #20

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I'd be cautious of some videos I've seen on Youtube. One guy shows you how to develop film using D-76 but his agitation profile he uses is completely wrong for Kodak's dev times! It's an agitation profile for stand development in Rodinal which is completely contrary to how Kodak says to do it!

Both Kodak and Ilford have a step-by-step guide to developing film you should be able to find. Have you read any of them? Here is a link to Ilford's Beginner's Guide
Thanks again, Tuco. Just what I needed!