Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Days Ago   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wow! How this takes me back in time!

I came across this ad in the local Craig's List.... and it sure did bring back a lot of memories. Some good.... others..... um.... well.... er.... let's just say I really like my K-50!

DARKROOM EQUIPMENT AND CAMERAS - photo/video - by owner - electronics sale

3 Days Ago   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I came across this ad in the local Craig's List.... and it sure did bring back a lot of memories. Some good.... others..... um.... well.... er.... let's just say I really like my K-50!

DARKROOM EQUIPMENT AND CAMERAS - photo/video - by owner - electronics sale
Prices seem a little high given that many of those items are available new for about the same money.
  • Zeiss folders!!!
  • I would be mildly interested in the Kindermann daylight tanks if the lids and traps are in good order. They are soooo leak resistant.
  • I have a Beseler CT20 timer. It is a sweet unit.
  • Oh...Photix temp control...be still my beating heart...
OK, enough stimulation for one day...

Steve
3 Days Ago - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

And to think, 10-15 years ago you couldn't give your darkroom equipment away. That may be a wee bit of an exaggeration but
I do remember seeing many, many once very expensive enlargers being offered for peanuts. Or offered for free to anyone willing
to haul away the bulky beasts. Or sitting in a dumpster, presumably because no one answered the ad for a free enlarger.
2 Days Ago   #4
Veteran Member

Who uses this type of equipment these days? I have actually thought about doing film, but decided against it. Did you notice the ad's contact information: Respond by telephone only. Do not text or email. Please call at 2 zero 8-Nine 39-2 six 32.

1 Day Ago   #5

I’m buying a complete darkroom tomorrow, and I’m very excited. Maybe I’m overpaying, but they never seem to come available around these parts, and this is a complete 4x5 setup including camera and enlarger for $500. He has holders for 35 and 6x7, but not sure about lenses, so I may have to buy a few enlarger lenses, but I am looking forward to removing computers from the photography process. (I spend 8-10 hours a day working on computers, the last thing I want to do for a hobby is use a computer.)
17 Hours Ago   #6
Pentaxian

There was a lot more available a decade or so ago. I got a 4X5 enlarge for $30 that had been donated by the city police, got a darkroom for the sink for 30 bucks, 4 current top end enlarging lenses for free and a 57 Elwood enlarge for free.
1 Hour Ago   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GlennG Quote
Who uses this type of equipment these days?

I see nothing unusual here, you should see Christopher Burkett's darkroom O.O The man shoot large format and do magnificent 40x50 cibachrome colour prints.

QuoteOriginally posted by GlennG Quote
I have actually thought about doing film, but decided against it.

Film processing is very rewarding, it always makes me smile when I open the tank and see the negative.