Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2018, 11:31 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
In their defence I must say they clearly stated they did that because the film stock was expired.
True, fair enough, but as the white balance is obviously off, it's too bad they didn't simply put a grey card in both shots and get the balance neutral with 18% grey.

06-14-2018, 02:13 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It wouldn't be fair to expect any new film to make the Kodachrome colors that exist in our memories.
Hopefully Kodak is fine-tuning new Ektachrome to give us the most natural-looking colors ever.

Chris
07-28-2018, 12:25 PM - 1 Like   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by murrelet Quote
Inside the facility where Kodak brings film back to life

This is amazing. Puts some perspective what effort is involved to bring small batch films like JCH Street Pan and Ferrania P30 to market.
I am very happy that the phisical support is no more underestimated.
Film is coming back, just as instant cameras and vinyl. It is very important to understand the value of theese things.
08-22-2018, 08:40 PM   #19

I rue the day walmart (i have lots of names for that store but keeping it friendly) decided to print with Fuji instead of Kodak. Wouldn't have saved Kodak but it's another nail in the coffin. Don't forget Kodak prototyped maybe the first digital camera but made missteps. As I live in Syracuse, plus my father went to RIT in the 60s for graphic arts, and I just picked up a Sinar Norma 4x5 with an Ektar lens, I am hugely hugely in support of this.

08-23-2018, 08:06 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wrench.doozer Quote
Don't forget Kodak prototyped maybe the first digital camera but made missteps. As I live in Syracuse, plus my father went to RIT in the 60s for graphic arts, and I just picked up a Sinar Norma 4x5 with an Ektar lens, I am hugely hugely in support of this.
Kodak also invented amateur photography with their "you press the button, and well do the rest", but our world is very much "what have you done for me recently?".
08-23-2018, 09:05 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Kodak also invented amateur photography with their "you press the button, and well do the rest", but our world is very much "what have you done for me recently?".
Very true, but for “lately” Kodak is introducing Ektachrome 100 film, and I intend to buy and shoot as much as I can. And a bit dated now, but the Leica M9 of 2009 used a Kodak sensor, and it’s the camera that made me appreciate digital. I still prefer the look of M9 images, that seem very Ektachrome-like.