Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-31-2018, 11:50 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
The most expensive thing of what I need now is the film, which the cheapest Ive found is $50 (Kentmere 100), everything else is ~$14 or less.
For an inexpensive film to get started, check out Ultrafine (I’m not affiliated in any way). Their 100 iso is pretty good and $39 for 100’ roll.

09-04-2018, 10:47 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by twilhelm Quote
For an inexpensive film to get started, check out Ultrafine (I’m not affiliated in any way). Their 100 iso is pretty good and $39 for 100’ roll.
The same store (photo warehouse) also sells DX coded reloadable film cassettes. (100 and 400 at least) Which is helpful if you have one of those Pentax cameras that can't set ISO manually.

Geof
09-04-2018, 12:13 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by abruzzi Quote
The same store (photo warehouse) also sells DX coded reloadable film cassettes. (100 and 400 at least) Which is helpful if you have one of those Pentax cameras that can't set ISO manually.

Geof
The metal canisters they sell are pretty good (although I like my Kalt more). I purchased a pack of the non-coded ones, although I should get some of the 400 coded for my P30n since it can’t over-ride the iso.
11-14-2018, 01:39 PM   #19
Veteran Member

The most expensive thing of what I need now is the film, which the cheapest Ive found is $50 (Kentmere 100), everything else is ~$14 or less.
Tank and thermometer... I use a small graduated measure from medicine bottle packages as I only use Rodinal clones at 1+100 stand.
Kentmere or Forma are normally cheapest in bulk normally!
You used to get everything for free as people went digital!
An enlarger and paper tank (eg for cibachrome) allows wet printing in dark nights with heavy drapes!

You need absolute dark for film handling a changing bag is convient... even for spooling 1000feet of cine!

Forma film need an inner core one inch diameter for your daylight loader cause it is a dual purpose cine camera load! You will get one on your Kentmere 100foot reel!

Welcome to dark side!

Last edited by Xmas; 11-14-2018 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
11-14-2018, 06:13 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Yeah, I was looking at Developing tanks on ebay recently, but the prices there are like "Really?" A majority of them pretty much the same price (with shipping) as a one new from B&H or Adorama. Luckily, found someone online in my city thats selling one for pretty cheap (and hopefully hasnt sold it yet), but my phone isnt working so once it gets fixed Im gonna hit him up.

Yeah for film I've been thinking about getting Ultrafine Xtreme 100 ISO film, can get it from their site for ~$45 (shipping & tax included), which saves me a few bucks on that end.

---------- Post added 11-14-18 at 06:17 PM ----------

Plus, Ive been looking at other film camera's & have been like William Shatner's James Kirk:
"No! Must! Not! Buy/Bid! On this camera! Must save money! For other stuff!"
11-14-2018, 06:19 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, I was looking at Developing tanks on ebay recently, but the prices there are like "Really?" A majority of them pretty much the same price (with shipping) as a one new from B&H or Adorama. Luckily, found someone online in my city thats selling one for pretty cheap (and hopefully hasnt sold it yet), but my phone isnt working so once it gets fixed Im gonna hit him up.

Yeah for film I've been thinking about getting Ultrafine Xtreme 100 ISO film, can get it from their site for ~$45 (shipping & tax included), which saves me a few bucks on that end.
I actually like the Ultrafine Xtreme 100. There are rumors it’s made by Ilford and is similar to the FP4, but neither company will acknowledge this. Having both in bulk and developing them, they are quite similar with the Ilford being a bit higher quality.
11-14-2018, 08:06 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by twilhelm Quote
I actually like the Ultrafine Xtreme 100. There are rumors it’s made by Ilford and is similar to the FP4, but neither company will acknowledge this. Having both in bulk and developing them, they are quite similar with the Ilford being a bit higher quality.
Yeah, I've read something similiar online. Some people where saying it was more similiar to the Kentmere film's in terms of both films having similiar developing times & both drying flat.