Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2018, 10:02 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Syracuse, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 14,033
Adox announces HR-50 film

https://kosmofoto.com/2018/09/adox-announces-new-hr-50-film/

QuoteQuote:
A statement from Adox on the Fotoimpex website said: “ADOX HR-50 is based on an emulsion commonly available for technical purposes, featuring an ultrafine grain and superpanchromatical sensitization.

“ADOX HR-50 is especially suitable for street and landscape photography.
In portrait photography we recommend our dedicated HR-50 developer.


09-09-2018, 10:15 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
twilhelm's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,307
More great news on the film front! This is one I’m absolutely going to have to try.
09-09-2018, 10:31 AM   #3
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,830
Sweet, I'm looking forward to trying it in 120 roll film. It says the film can be used as a IR film. Then that means it has extended red sensitivity just like Rollei Retro 80S. And no doubt it is a 'long toe' film too judging by their example photo. The base of the film is probably like Rollei films which is both initially curly for a long time after developing and responsible for the deep blacks you can get with it.
09-09-2018, 11:17 AM   #4
Pentaxian
disconnekt's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 790
Yeah, just happened to stumble onto Fotoimpex.com the other day & saw that they had the film up on their site already

09-10-2018, 08:37 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IgorZ's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,539
Looks very interesting. I haven't tried any Adox film yet, so it will be interesting to try. Speaking of deep blacks and IR, I just shot a roll of RPX 25. Some deep blacks there...
09-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #6
Pentaxian
disconnekt's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 790
QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
Looks very interesting. I haven't tried any Adox film yet, so it will be interesting to try. Speaking of deep blacks and IR, I just shot a roll of RPX 25. Some deep blacks there...
I've been wanting to shoot the RPX 25 for awhile, want to bulk load it since it'll be cheaper for me in the long run but the price for it is pretty much: 😨 😰😫
09-12-2018, 12:52 AM   #7
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,603
I hope to buy some at Photokina...
09-12-2018, 09:02 AM   #8
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,830
QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
I've been wanting to shoot the RPX 25 for awhile, want to bulk load it since it'll be cheaper for me in the long run but the price for it is pretty much: �� ����
I'd shoot it by the roll for a while before getting a big bulk roll of it. At ISO 25 it will probably never be your go-to film.

09-12-2018, 05:47 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
IgorZ's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,539
Yes, I thought I'd run a roll through the Rb67 thinking that iso of 25 would be useful given the top shutter speed of 1/400, but it was tricky... Couldn't see any grain though, but my kids' eyes look weird... It has some IR look
09-12-2018, 07:18 PM   #10
Pentaxian
disconnekt's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 790
Acording to the Technical Datasheet, the spectral sensitivity extends to the 750 range, thats probably why it has that IR look to it.
09-14-2018, 02:59 AM   #11
New Member




Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1
That is so interesting~
09-14-2018, 09:02 AM   #12
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 602
QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
I've been wanting to shoot the RPX 25 for awhile, want to bulk load it since it'll be cheaper for me in the long run but the price for it is pretty much: 😨 😰😫
I've shot a few rolls or RPX25 on 6x4.5 and find it pretty intriguing. Some of the shots have an amazing amount of detail, but I've also had issues--maybe my fault--that have marred the results. I was getting mottling in the skies possibly caused by humidity and the 120 backing paper. I was metering for ISO 6 because I had an orange 25 filter on it which reduced light by about 2 stops. That was fun because I could get moderately narrow depth of field on a bright sunny day.

There is some discussion on Photrio that the new Adox film is likely the same base stock as Rollei 80s, but pre-flashed, or something like that. I wonder when all surveillance systems and document duplication system go digital, how many films will go away?
09-14-2018, 03:07 PM   #13
Pentaxian
disconnekt's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 790
QuoteOriginally posted by abruzzi Quote
I've shot a few rolls or RPX25 on 6x4.5 and find it pretty intriguing. Some of the shots have an amazing amount of detail, but I've also had issues--maybe my fault--that have marred the results. I was getting mottling in the skies possibly caused by humidity and the 120 backing paper. I was metering for ISO 6 because I had an orange 25 filter on it which reduced light by about 2 stops. That was fun because I could get moderately narrow depth of field on a bright sunny day.

There is some discussion on Photrio that the new Adox film is likely the same base stock as Rollei 80s, but pre-flashed, or something like that. I wonder when all surveillance systems and document duplication system go digital, how many films will go away?
I read a thread on photrio recently about somebody also having possible mottling issues in the sky's of their photos when using RPX 25, havent checked back on it to see if it was mottling or some other issue with it.

Yeah, read some of that thread also. Adox also offers the HR-50 without the pre-flash for ~75 cents less then the "Preflashed" version.

Chances are those companies would probably sell off whatever extra unused stock they have to whoever's willing to pay for it, then will probably "lease out" the film formula to whoever's willing to pay the price for it so they can get some extra money off of it since they arent going to use it anymore.
10-26-2018, 12:28 AM   #14
apx
New Member




Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 3
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Sweet, I'm looking forward to trying it in 120 roll film. It says the film can be used as a IR film. Then that means it has extended red sensitivity just like Rollei Retro 80S. And no doubt it is a 'long toe' film too judging by their example photo. The base of the film is probably like Rollei films which is both initially curly for a long time after developing and responsible for the deep blacks you can get with it.
Hello all,

This is not a new film, it's the Rollei Retro 80s with a pre flashed base to reduce the contrast.
10-26-2018, 07:32 AM   #15
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,603
QuoteOriginally posted by apx Quote
This is not a new film, it's the Rollei Retro 80s with a pre flashed base to reduce the contrast.
Where have you seen that ?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adox, adox announces hr-50, film, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adox scala 160 bw reversal film gofour3 Film Processing, Scanning, and Darkroom 5 04-05-2016 10:53 AM
Adox Silvermax: Anybody Using This Film stevebrot Pentax Film SLR Discussion 4 10-10-2013 10:22 PM
New Adox films gofour3 Pentax Film SLR Discussion 10 03-07-2013 05:31 PM
Just ordered a roll of Adox straightshooter Pentax Medium Format 7 10-17-2011 01:45 AM
Adox CHS100 ART film - from the first batch Rense Pentax Medium Format 8 07-15-2011 11:22 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:22 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top