Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2018, 10:02 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Adox announces HR-50 film

https://kosmofoto.com/2018/09/adox-announces-new-hr-50-film/

QuoteQuote:
A statement from Adox on the Fotoimpex website said: “ADOX HR-50 is based on an emulsion commonly available for technical purposes, featuring an ultrafine grain and superpanchromatical sensitization.

“ADOX HR-50 is especially suitable for street and landscape photography.
In portrait photography we recommend our dedicated HR-50 developer.

09-09-2018, 10:15 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
More great news on the film front! This is one I’m absolutely going to have to try.
09-09-2018, 10:31 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Sweet, I'm looking forward to trying it in 120 roll film. It says the film can be used as a IR film. Then that means it has extended red sensitivity just like Rollei Retro 80S. And no doubt it is a 'long toe' film too judging by their example photo. The base of the film is probably like Rollei films which is both initially curly for a long time after developing and responsible for the deep blacks you can get with it.
09-09-2018, 11:17 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Yeah, just happened to stumble onto Fotoimpex.com the other day & saw that they had the film up on their site already

09-10-2018, 08:37 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks very interesting. I haven't tried any Adox film yet, so it will be interesting to try. Speaking of deep blacks and IR, I just shot a roll of RPX 25. Some deep blacks there...
09-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
Looks very interesting. I haven't tried any Adox film yet, so it will be interesting to try. Speaking of deep blacks and IR, I just shot a roll of RPX 25. Some deep blacks there...
I've been wanting to shoot the RPX 25 for awhile, want to bulk load it since it'll be cheaper for me in the long run but the price for it is pretty much: 😨 😰😫
09-12-2018, 12:52 AM   #7
Pentaxian

I hope to buy some at Photokina...
09-12-2018, 09:02 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
I've been wanting to shoot the RPX 25 for awhile, want to bulk load it since it'll be cheaper for me in the long run but the price for it is pretty much: �� ����
I'd shoot it by the roll for a while before getting a big bulk roll of it. At ISO 25 it will probably never be your go-to film.

09-12-2018, 05:47 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, I thought I'd run a roll through the Rb67 thinking that iso of 25 would be useful given the top shutter speed of 1/400, but it was tricky... Couldn't see any grain though, but my kids' eyes look weird... It has some IR look
09-12-2018, 07:18 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Acording to the Technical Datasheet, the spectral sensitivity extends to the 750 range, thats probably why it has that IR look to it.
09-14-2018, 02:59 AM   #11

That is so interesting~
09-14-2018, 09:02 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
I've been wanting to shoot the RPX 25 for awhile, want to bulk load it since it'll be cheaper for me in the long run but the price for it is pretty much: 😨 😰😫
I've shot a few rolls or RPX25 on 6x4.5 and find it pretty intriguing. Some of the shots have an amazing amount of detail, but I've also had issues--maybe my fault--that have marred the results. I was getting mottling in the skies possibly caused by humidity and the 120 backing paper. I was metering for ISO 6 because I had an orange 25 filter on it which reduced light by about 2 stops. That was fun because I could get moderately narrow depth of field on a bright sunny day.

There is some discussion on Photrio that the new Adox film is likely the same base stock as Rollei 80s, but pre-flashed, or something like that. I wonder when all surveillance systems and document duplication system go digital, how many films will go away?
09-14-2018, 03:07 PM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by abruzzi Quote
I've shot a few rolls or RPX25 on 6x4.5 and find it pretty intriguing. Some of the shots have an amazing amount of detail, but I've also had issues--maybe my fault--that have marred the results. I was getting mottling in the skies possibly caused by humidity and the 120 backing paper. I was metering for ISO 6 because I had an orange 25 filter on it which reduced light by about 2 stops. That was fun because I could get moderately narrow depth of field on a bright sunny day.

There is some discussion on Photrio that the new Adox film is likely the same base stock as Rollei 80s, but pre-flashed, or something like that. I wonder when all surveillance systems and document duplication system go digital, how many films will go away?
I read a thread on photrio recently about somebody also having possible mottling issues in the sky's of their photos when using RPX 25, havent checked back on it to see if it was mottling or some other issue with it.

Yeah, read some of that thread also. Adox also offers the HR-50 without the pre-flash for ~75 cents less then the "Preflashed" version.

Chances are those companies would probably sell off whatever extra unused stock they have to whoever's willing to pay for it, then will probably "lease out" the film formula to whoever's willing to pay the price for it so they can get some extra money off of it since they arent going to use it anymore.
10-26-2018, 12:28 AM   #14
apx

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Sweet, I'm looking forward to trying it in 120 roll film. It says the film can be used as a IR film. Then that means it has extended red sensitivity just like Rollei Retro 80S. And no doubt it is a 'long toe' film too judging by their example photo. The base of the film is probably like Rollei films which is both initially curly for a long time after developing and responsible for the deep blacks you can get with it.
Hello all,

This is not a new film, it's the Rollei Retro 80s with a pre flashed base to reduce the contrast.
10-26-2018, 07:32 AM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by apx Quote
This is not a new film, it's the Rollei Retro 80s with a pre flashed base to reduce the contrast.
Where have you seen that ?