Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2019, 04:19 PM   #1

ADOX Neutol Eco for film

Hi!

By accident I got paper developer instead of film developer (ADOX Neutol Eco), but now I'd like to use it anyway.
I read that it is possible to develop film with paper developers, so I'd like to ask you for details.
Could you recommend me dilution & temperature & time combinations, which already worked for you?
Thanks in advance!

04-29-2019, 05:06 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Around 1957 I developed both film and prints in Dektol, but my memory is about as hazy now as those prints were...
04-29-2019, 09:13 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Paper developer can work if diluted appropriately, however, it will be grainy. Really grainy. I only did it once. I shot triX film at ISO400. Dilution was something like one part Dektol stock developer to seven parts water and 6 mins at 68F/20C but I am not totally sure. You would have to waste time and film to be sure. Because of the graininess few people do it. Getting the right developer would save time and money.
04-29-2019, 11:17 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
There are developers that develop film & paper (though theres only a few o them), and the ADOX Neutol Eco is one of them, well at least that what Freestylephoto says: Chemicals | Freestyle Photographic Supplies

The pdf datasheet for it doesnt show any info for film, but if anything it wouldnt hurt emailing Adox and seeing what they say

04-30-2019, 11:48 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The DigitalTruth massive developer chart only lists a developing time of 3 mins for MacoORT 25 film with Neutol developer mixed 1+7 at 20C. I guess it is a start.