Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2019, 02:28 AM   #1
Pentaxian

New Ilford MGRC V paper

As mentioned in the "new Ilford film" thread, Ilford have also launched a new version 5 resin coated paper. I've just watched this youtube video:-
where the reviewer has received an advance sample of the new papers. She has tested them and she seems very impressed.

She seems to think the new MGRC V is much improved over the existing MGRC IV and she says that it is almost as good as Ilfords own fibre papers. As someone who uses mainly MGRC IV, I really look forward to trying out the new stuff. As an amateur, I can't justify the expense of using fibre paper so it will be nice to get close to that level using RC paper.

10-30-2019, 02:13 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll definitely give it a try - I also cannot justify buying a fiber paper. Cannot wait to try the new film, too
10-30-2019, 05:22 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Indeed, IMO this is probably bigger news than the new ortho film, for me anyway.

MGIV is excellent, so the new paper is probably killer - or (hopefully not) all hype...

Chris