Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2019, 12:35 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
These days, I actually own several film SLRs, and I've shot with them, albiet infrequently. I'm comfortable working with manual exposure using the in-built light meter or a hand-held meter for reference, working in the same way as I do with my DSLR and mirrorless gear. I'm also comfortable picking which ISO sensitivity of film will be most suitable for the conditions I might encounter. What I haven't yet done is any film processing at home... I've only used labs. I'd love to have a go at it, although I have a fair number of other projects I need to complete first (mostly lens servicing and restoration)
Outstanding! If you're comfortable opening up lenses, I think film development will be a piece of cake.

Aaron

11-25-2019, 12:50 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Autonerd Quote
Outstanding! If you're comfortable opening up lenses, I think film development will be a piece of cake.
I think you underestimate my ability to screw up Still, that's often how I learn. B&W film development is definitely on the cards at some point. I may even make it a project for 2020...
11-25-2019, 12:53 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I seem to remember it being a received wisdom (which is not the same as true,I realise) that you had toget prints hand procssed (professionally or diy) if you wanted a decent print as mini-labs were set to an 18% grey reference. Obviously, as others have said, this only affects the print, not the negartive, which is processed straight not pushed or pulled - but it does result in imperfect results from shots which are deliberately (or accidentally) under or over exposed in relation to the camera's meter, as cameras also defaulted to 18% grey.