Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2021, 03:08 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
HP Scanner Solutions Center Showing FI Screen

This is just something that I wanted to mention in case you are experiencing a semi blank screen with the letters "FI" in the center of it when trying to use an HP Scanner. Mine did this today. It seemed that I could not access the "scan" feature of my older HP scanner. I searched on the internet, and saw this post saying that there is a program called "HP Scan Extended" that at least enables the use of the scanning feature of the older HP scanners. I downloaded it (it is free), and my scanner is again able to scan documents using the JPEG format. Supposedly, since the older "HP Solutions Center" software used the "Adobe Flash" component in it, it is becoming disabled because the Flash player component is becoming obsolete.

As I said, I just wanted to mention this in case you utilize an HP scanner.

Happy shooting!

Last edited by C_Jones; 01-13-2021 at 03:15 PM.