Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
07-04-2021, 06:55 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
My wife is mildly annoyed by my recent GBS (gear buying spree), so I'm waiting to place any more B&H orders until work takes me out of state again (OT and bonuses when I have to travel for work). That said I've been mulling the options over and making notes to myself.
  • We went over to my parents' house for a cookout and I was able to locate a stainless tank w/120 reel, graduated cylinders, a thermometer, my glass chemistry bottles, and a changing bag. I'm trying to decide if I want to order a couple stainless reels or start over with a plastic tank and reels. A new lid and 35mm stainless reels look to be roughly the same cost as a plastic tank and reel kit. Any pros/cons to the plastic beyond a possible lack of durability?
  • I'm not sure my $150 scanner is going to give a usable resolution, so I'm looking at the logistics of processing myself and paying someone to scan the keepers for me.
  • I had a slight case of sticker shock when I saw the price to send 5 rolls to The Darkroom, so I ended up mailing the most recent roll because I’m impatient and it had some good subjects. That leaves 3 more exposed rolls in the fridge and one roll in the camera. I've been carrying my camera all week, but haven't seen anything that interested me enough to use any of the remaining 20 exposures.

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I use economical long shelf life HC110 and Rodinal concentrated syrup film developers.
These are very easy to use immediately mixed with water already at room temperature.

A small graduated baby syringe makes dispensing the required amount much easier.

Chris
HC110-B always used to be my go-to and I had never thought of using a baby syringe. That is a fantastic tip.

Last edited by trixtroll; 07-04-2021 at 07:02 AM.