Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2021, 04:39 AM - 1 Like   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The old curmudgeon market segment

If made any new interchangeable lens 35mm film camera would likely be quite similar
to modern dSLRs, have AF and use the manufacturers current crop of plastic lenses.

If that were the case I would not be interested, so you can count me out.
I'd prefer to continue to buy used models made decades ago, thank you.

Chris

12-14-2021, 12:23 PM   #47
Veteran Member

I shoot with a Pentax 645 120 Film Camera and Pentax Me-Super, Super Program, and now my dream 35mm film body, an LX. Since the only way right now to get spare parts is to scavenge old bodies, film bodies will eventually run out, especially electro mechanical bodies like the ones I use. I shoot it because I enjoying shooting old cameras, although honestly I hate the whole digitizing experience using a scanner. I eventually bought a Nikon Coolscan to automate the 35mm scans, but even then it its still feels like a copy of a copy. If some one could bring out an affordable 120 scanner, that is something I would jump on.
03-07-2023, 02:12 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I was shooting with a Bronica on Sunday night. What a fabulous experience that was. I can't see medium format selling in enough quantities though. My resurrected MX and SP however are a delight to use and I can really see the appeal. Regarding reliability, my only issues are on the MX, a sticking shutter once the temp drops below zero and an intermittent light meter. Both will be fixed by a service, but right now I don't have £100. The uber lo tech spottie never misses a beat! I wonder if film point and shoots like the Olympus trip would open the door.
I bought several rolls of modern film, and am running them through my Pentax “Super Program”. It does still seem to work fine.