Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2022, 07:48 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Mornin' folks!

I'm hoping to start using my M42 bellows with slide copier to digitize my 35mm film negatives.
Been there, tried that. The difficulties I had:
I needed to use a short extension tube on the camera to allow the bellows to mount, thereby increasing minimum extension my 10mm or so.
This limited how short a lens that could be used (most bellows don't play nice with anything shorter than 50mm anyway) to my 77mm or longer.
This in turn limited how much slide I could cover with the slide copier mounted to the front of the bellows.
I was sort of able to make it work by not attaching the bellows from the slide copier to the front of the camera lens, extending the slide copier as far s possible on it's rail and wrapping a tube of black construction paper around the lens extending to the back of the bellows.

I think if I was going to do anything like copying 35mm slides with an APS-C camera I would do it with a copy stand on a light table.