Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
02-13-2022, 05:50 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mail order film processing labs - Post your reviews here!

Please post your experiences with specific mail order film processing labs in this thread.

For those you recommend (i.e. positive reviews) let us know what film(s)/print(s) you had them do.
Please mention geographical location and include a link to their website/order form if available.

TIA,
Chris

02-13-2022, 05:56 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What’s great idea!

I’m particularly interested in experiences of anyone using Ilford’s mail in processing for B&W.
02-13-2022, 06:12 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello,

I've been using Dwayne's photo (dwaynesphoto.com) for over a decade, ever since the last local photo processing lab closed. They are located in Kansas USA and services global customers. I am very happy with their C41 color processing and scanning, especially EKTAR which I have found challenging to scan myself. They have processed color 35mm (all brands of C-41), B/W 35mm (Ilford Delta 100, Tri-X, C-41 BW400CN) and 120 (Ilford Delta 100) for me. While still acceptably good, their B/W processing is sometimes not as consistent.

For B/W I just started using The Darkroom (thedarkroom.com) in California. My first order (two Rerapan 127 rolls) was developed beautifully and will most likely be my go to place for B/W.

When it comes to B/W scans, I have found I can always get more out of home scanning than both places. Of course I have the luxury of repeating and re-adjust over and over. For color, Dwayne's scans are usually excellent, especially EKTAR.
I haven't done any slide film in over 2 decades.

Talking on the phone with Dwayne's is a wonderful experience. They treat you as the most important customer in the world.
I have communicated with the Darkroom only by email. The replies are always quick, courteous and very professional.

I can recommend both.

Dwayne's Photo
PO Box 274
Parsons, KS 67357

The Dark Room
PO Box 75436,
San Clemente, CA 92673

Thanks,
Ismael

Last edited by ismaelg; 02-13-2022 at 07:49 AM.
02-13-2022, 06:26 AM   #4
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I agree with @UncleVanya, great idea for a thread

Prior to Wolfe's Camera here in Topeka closing last June, I would drop off film there, and they sent the film out [ to " Process One ", I believe ]

I don't have much experience, but I have used " Process One - Photo printing, film processing, scanning, and more. " once

Contact Process One Photo and Digital Imaging Lab

QuoteQuote:
Professional film developing, printing and scanning.
We have been providing traditional film developing, printing, and scanning for our customers in Kansas City and across the country since 1984. We use the highest quality film processors, printers and chemicals to ensure that you will get the best possible results from all your film. We develop, print and scan C41, E6 and black and white film in our lab the right way every time.

Your film is processed with care by people who LOVE film, and when we develop your film we always return your negatives.
Film Processing - developing, printing, and scanning services from Process One

Process One
7105 W. 95th Street
Overland Park, KS 66212-2272

to develop film, no prints but digitized onto a cd

they are actually located at

QuoteQuote:
Our lab is located in Overland Park, Kansas on the Southwest corner of 95th & Metcalf, near Home Depot. We are just south of Jack Stack Barbeque, across from Bank of America.

We are a locally owned company, and we pride ourselves on our selection of photo services and the high quality of our work. We make premium photo prints and process film for customers across the country, and we look forward to helping you with your photography projects.
I think one of their employees also worked at Wolfe's ???

one of these days when I am in the KC area, I think I may stop by and say hi before or after eating some Barbeque

Last edited by aslyfox; 02-13-2022 at 06:50 AM.
02-13-2022, 06:33 AM - 1 Like   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Hello,

I've been using Dwayne's photo (dwaynesphoto.com). . .

this one ???

Dwayne's Photo
PO Box 274
Parsons, KS 67357

QuoteQuote:
. . . For B/W I just started using The Darkroom (thedarkroom.com) in California. . . .
this one ???

The Dark Room
PO Box 75436,
San Clemente, CA 92673
02-13-2022, 07:50 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes! Post updated.

Thanks,
Ismael
02-13-2022, 10:12 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Bay Photo is local lab to me in Santa Cruz, CA and I can drop off film "develop only" and pick it up in about 30 minutes usually. They apparently also handle mail-in service -> Bay Photo mail-in. Fast, courtious and every color negative roll has been uneventful.

02-13-2022, 10:14 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
What’s great idea!

I’m particularly interested in experiences of anyone using Ilford’s mail in processing for B&W.

Have you ever venture over to The Light Factory? Used to be an attractive option for those in the area.
02-13-2022, 10:24 AM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
this one ???

Dwayne's Photo
PO Box 274
Parsons, KS 67357

this one ???

The Dark Room
PO Box 75436,
San Clemente, CA 92673
I've been using thedarkroom.com for at least 10 years with absolute confidence. Their 45 years in the business shows in the quality of their work. I've had 35mm, both color negative and B&W, and 120 color film processed, plus enlargements as big as 18 X 20 made. They've provided them at a very reasonable prices and quick turn around on canvas, paper and metal. I used to get prints, but now I settle on enhanced processing(except for 120) and download the online album they provide and which they maintain for 90 days. They do provide the negatives and, at a slight extra cost, a CD; plus a mailerThe cost is $22.21 a roll for the enhanced scans/no prints/no CD (with PA State Tax) and once they receive the roll(normally 4 days enroute), the turn around is a couple of days. They do offer development for as low as $12 per roll. They have called me to discuss some of my enlargements to offer suggestions. Total confidence in them.

Last edited by joelbolden; 02-17-2022 at 10:16 PM. Reason: additional comments
02-13-2022, 10:59 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnMc Quote
Have you ever venture over to The Light Factory? Used to be an attractive option for those in the area.
No. I never have. I will look into it more.
02-14-2022, 10:44 AM   #11
Banned

I agree with @UncleVanya, great idea for a thread

Prior to Wolfe's Camera here in Topeka closing last June, I would drop off film there, and they sent the film out [ to " Process One ", I believe ]

I don't have much experience, but I have used " Process One - Photo printing, film processing, scanning, and more. " once

Contact Process One Photo and Digital Imaging Lab

Film Processing - developing, printing, and scanning services from Process One

Process One
7105 W. 95th Street
Overland Park, KS 66212-2272

to develop film, no prints but digitized onto a cd

they are actually located at

I think one of their employees also worked at Wolfe's ???

one of these days when I am in the KC area, I think I may stop by and say hi before or after eating some Barbeque
If you want the same service with a different name look into pro photo..

same people do the developing. the price isnt worth it..
02-14-2022, 10:49 AM   #12
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by filmmaster Quote
If you want the same service with a different name look into pro photo..

same people do the developing. the price isnt worth it..
do you have a link
02-14-2022, 10:48 PM   #13
Banned

do you have a link
either pro photo connection... although pro photo supply is giving nearly the same prices.. and mentions an "outlab" doing the work
02-17-2022, 12:38 AM   #14

pro photo connection is my local lab, I've always been happy with their development and especially their prices, although their turnaround on E6 can be atrocious. I don't get scans as I have a scanner capable of beating the low-res proof scans basic "dev+scan" service comes with, and I'm not paying for serious scanning sight unseen.
02-17-2022, 05:10 PM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Reminder

do you have a link

For any labs recommended *PLEASE* provide link and location as requested.
The point of this thread is to compile a working list members can refer back to.

Chris