Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2022, 06:41 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yet another film scanning hardware option

Anybody come across these yet? Products | Valoi They have an impressive selection of holders available for a range of film formats. It could get expensive very quickly though if you want to scan multiple formats.

03-08-2022, 08:27 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by steephill Quote
Anybody come across these yet? Products | Valoi They have an impressive selection of holders available for a range of film formats. It could get expensive very quickly though if you want to scan multiple formats.
These look a lot like the ones Cinestill has been offering for about a year now (judging from the identifiers CInestill uses, they are made by Valoi). Considering the simplicity of the film adapters (masks), they appear to be substantially overpriced. I would also have concerns about pulling my film through one of the adapters in terms of its touching the image area and introducing scratches unless they are designed to only touch at the perforation areas.

https://cinestillfilm.com/collections/scanning-finishing/_starter-kits

Last edited by Bob 256; 03-08-2022 at 08:36 AM.
03-08-2022, 08:36 AM   #3
Pentaxian

My scanner has a carrier for each format (eg 6x6, 6x7, 6x9, 6x17, 4x5, etc) and they are expensive. With 120 roll film, I cut my negatives in two-frame strips (which are longer than 6x9cm) to store in their archive sleeves. So I only need to purchase the one 6x9 carrier for my 6x6, 6x7 and 6x9 cameras.