Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2022, 03:11 AM   #31

Very useful.

Hi Greg.

I have a similar setup using the Pentax Bellows and slide copier, only I have used adapters to use my Nikon lenses as well as my old Pentax M42 screw mount lenses. I found the Nikon 35-70 AFD worked really well for slide copying but later bought the 50mm SMC Takumar macro lens which not only works a treat but is also a great lens for general purpose use. I have to say though, I couldn't fault the Nikon 35-70 AFD for scanning film.

I also got a Canon FD Bellows at a later date. The Canon bellows is quite a bit bigger than the Pentax and is incredibly well built. I use adapters to use it with my Pentax and Nikon lenses.

PS I had the same problem fitting a camera to the Pentax bellows before solving the problem by adding a 16mm extension ring to the camera body. I use a Nikon D7100 for slide copying in this setup and it works really well. It is all much faster than using my dedicated Reflecta film scanner which is so slow I wouldn't live long enough to scan my old film. The scan quality is also first class using the 24MP sensor in the Nikon D7100.

Thanks for sharing your set up details.

Regards

Roger