Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-20-2023, 10:58 AM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mroeder75 Quote
I owned a Pentax ME Super starting in 1983, so yes I also know how to rewind film. I opened the camera and there is undeveloped film inside the camera itself, not fully shot. I think it is the beginning of the roll because there is a dot in the counter. I could shoot the remainder of the film in the camera. It says Kodak Gold 200.

There is a completely wound Kodak Ektachrome-X film in an aluminum canister in the camera bag. As I view the film canister more carefully, I see this is slide film. I do not have a slide projector. My folks do but they are 1,500 miles away. Can slide film be developed on gloss paper, as well?

Edit:
I note your film says it is E2 process. That process and film was discontinued in 1959, so that makes your film at least 64 years old and 62 years out of date. It's not worth spending any effort on beyond throwing it in the trash.
I had the impression from the way this was advertised that the eBay seller was not the original owner of the camera.

Any other advice, especially on developing slide film, and in view of the fact I have no slide projector, would be appreciated.
Ektachrome-X is a very long discontinued E2, E3 or E4 process. I suspect there are a few places around that would have the ability to process it, but your average drug store lab is not it. You could try Rocky Mountain Photo if they are still around, but expect to pay heavily to process what is now a very old film.
You may as well rewind the film that is in the camera to see what it is. If it's also Ektachrome-X I wouldn't bother with either film from a processing or shooting standpoint.

Edit:
I note your film says it is E2 process. That process and film was discontinued in 1959, so that makes your film at least 64 years old and 62 years out of date. It's not worth spending any effort on beyond throwing it in the trash.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 01-20-2023 at 11:08 AM.
01-22-2023, 11:05 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
That's too bad to hear. Since I don't have a slide projector (my parents have one 1,500 miles away), I will do as you suggest.
01-23-2023, 01:17 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
There is a school of thought that any film that comes with a camera should just be discarded. There are issues of privacy that could arise. I am inclined to agree with this. If you want to shoot film, just get a fresh roll. Who cares what is on that that old roll? Just bin it and be done with it.
01-23-2023, 12:39 PM   #19
Pentaxian

For everyones interest a place that specializes in developibg old fim is Film Rescue.

Film Rescue – Revealers Of Lost And Found Treasures Since 1999

I have never used them