Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-19-2022, 11:18 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Dirty Photo

Here's a bit dated but very interesting YouTube on creating a photo print by using "dirt". The title caught my attention and I found the video pretty fascinating with a good example of the product creation and some real art skills. The video basically covers a gum print process but a full color one using unique pigments, the process being reminiscent of the dye-transfer process used way back. Sound's like this is the type of process to use if you want to make color photo prints to leave for your grand kids and their grand kids, and their grand kids, and................................

11-19-2022, 01:51 PM   #2

Very interesting photographic process, thanks for sharing!
11-20-2022, 01:34 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My first reaction was, "Wow, that's an amazing lab setup he has (has access to?) for making these prints." At first, I wondered why he would go through all this amazing amount of trouble for a print, but that was answered near the end when he explained that the print was one of the most permanent that was possible to be made, due to the durability of the pigments.

I wonder what the base cost would be for making prints of exotic earths and lapis lazuli? And how was this process derived originally?