Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2010, 06:13 AM   #16
Veteran Member

At our studio we print for clients on both matte and semi-gloss surfaces. For semi-gloss, I mostly use the Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta, and I can tell you, the look and smell of that paper is amazing - that pungent baryta tang so familiar from the old days ... So I guess I'm saying, like others here, that the gap between the two approaches - not only in image quality but in smell, touch and texture - has narrowed considerably in the last couple of years.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
comments, darkroom, film, iq, photography, prints

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No Better Time to Start a Wet B&W Darkroom cheekygeek Film Processing, Scanning, and Darkroom 38 06-26-2010 12:02 PM
I think I found the Holy Grail for BW printing with the Epson 1400 printer! valleylad Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 11 10-01-2009 01:17 PM
B&W printer suggestions needed raymeedc Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 3 05-23-2009 05:39 AM
is there such a thing as a B&W printer? BetterSense Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 5 09-12-2008 09:14 AM
Printer for B&W garys Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 1 05-05-2008 06:22 AM