Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #16
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Years ago I built a spacious darkroom in the basement of my parents house.
In my current small apartment I have struggled to get a bathroom darkroom working.

Everything must break down to a size small enough to store in a closet when not in use.
I purchased a Coleman folding camp table that will fit inside my bathtub.
The tabletop will hold my developer, stop and fix trays while the print washer runs on the floor of the tub.
I'll place the enlarger over the toilet on a sturdy plywood platform with screw-on wooden legs.

Lightproofing has been an obstacle. Though windowless the bathroom door is quite warped.
Replacement with a new prehung door is a project I have planned for an upcoming vacation.

Chris
Until you change it out you could use black fabric and velcro it to the casing

06-21-2010, 06:41 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Weatherstripping didn't block all the light, made the door hard to open and close in normal use, and was unsightly.
I will reevaluate what is required once the new door is installed.
And yes, I will hang dark cloth to cover the door and frame from the inside if I must...

Chris
06-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #18

With dark cloth over the door, you might even be able to work with the door open and have easy access in and out of the room while you work, if necessary. Prints (especially color if you have a color enlarger) look better viewed under natural sunlight from the window than they do under typical bathroom lights (unless you have sunlight balanced bulbs).