Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 60 Likes Search this Thread
24 Likes  
Pentax Lens Disassembly Database
Posted By: Chaos_Realm, 03-22-2012, 05:04 PM

Hi all,
I have recently been on the hunt for dis-assembly guides for the purpose of dust removal etc. They seem to be turning up in various places across the forum, so I plan on creating a list of all the Pentax lens disassembly posts here. I will categorise each lens like they are in the 'lens database' and you should be able to see which lenses have a guide and which do not. If I come across multiple guides then I will list them all under that lens so there is coverage or alternative explanations. And hopefully with your help we will be able to put together a substantial resource for the DIYer's here, although I do realize some lenses will never have an owner brave enough to strip down themselves due to the shear value. I know this will take quite some time but I think it will be worth it. I have restricted time at this point but I want to get the ball rolling. So here is what we have:

NB: Currently this tread is only for Pentax K-Mount & M42 Screw-mount lenses. Maybe once this has developed a bit I might look at introducing other pentax Mounts and or third party lenses and permitting time (and success of this resource) a cleaning guide with tips on tools and techniques. I am trying not to bite off more than I can chew for the moment so we will just stick with lenses listed below.

Digital Era K-mount Lenses Film Era K-Mount Lenses
M42 Screw Mount Lenses

Last edited by Not a Number; 04-13-2023 at 09:03 PM. Reason: added takumar-bayonet-28mm-f2-8 partial disassembly
Views: 216,673
11-02-2015, 12:46 PM   #91

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Wow. Very cool that you can procure the parts from Ricoh. Here in the US they don't supply parts to the general public anymore.

I'm (hopefully) getting the parts through the Ricoh / Pentax service centre that I found here in NZ, who seem to be fine with selling the parts on to me. They did offer a fitting service using their technician but since it's a relatively low-value lens I'm having a go myself.....it can't get any worse than MF and no aperture control !!!!!

11-02-2015, 02:01 PM   #92

QuoteOriginally posted by markoneswift Quote
it can't get any worse than MF and no aperture control !!!!!
Yes, it can. A few of *my* lens "repairs" have proven that.
11-02-2015, 03:23 PM   #93

QuoteOriginally posted by asharpe Quote
Yes, it can. A few of *my* lens "repairs" have proven that.

I suppose no aperture at all or a complete inability to reassemble the lens could be worse :-)
11-12-2015, 02:08 PM   #94
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Question :

Anyone had any experience with a late model SMC Takumar 50/1.4 ?

I just acquired one with a black Spot F, but there's a "huge" debris speck deep center in the lens.

I disassembled form the rear the last two lens elements but was stuck on how to go further ... so I put it all back together for a "punt" and re-think.

Any advice and/or input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, J

12-15-2015, 12:52 PM   #95

I think the 'zooming contact brush' has had a redesign. I've just received a new one for my DA35 from Japan and it looks different to the old one in as much as the 'forks' are now held together by a plate, rather than being independent of each other - like this :-

12-15-2015, 05:08 PM   #96

Actually, looks like the contact brush has the little plate on the end to ensure integrity of the forks during transit. There's no way it will fit with it attached and the plate actually broke itself off while I was doing a trial fit. The brush fits much better without the plate. I suppose, thinking about it, the plate would have caused all kind of weird readings - probably would have messed with the resistance etc. Anyway, all reassembled so looking good :-)
01-01-2016, 01:41 AM   #97
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour,

Looking for advice/input for a M 100/2.8 with light edge fungus in the very front element group.

I tore down to this front element group but got no further with ease.

Is this a screw down cap-ring here or glued ... or maybe both?

I re-assembled and will shoot with the 100 anyway, but it would be nice to clean it up a bit.

Cheers, J

04-03-2016, 09:50 PM   #98

Hi all,
I am looking for the instruction for DFA 100 Marco WR as it seems to have sticky aperture blades. Please help.
Thanks.
05-28-2016, 10:00 AM   #99
Veteran Member

any idea where can i get AT_X tokina 80-200 2.8 disassembly guide, need to clean the lens deep inside
05-28-2016, 02:23 PM   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by uttam.hathi Quote
any idea where can i get AT_X tokina 80-200 2.8 disassembly guide, need to clean the lens deep inside
try the kiron kid home page and look under the vivitar maybe one of those manuals can help you. also be advised a lot of those Japanese lens makers were glue happy.
05-28-2016, 07:04 PM   #101
Veteran Member

@dcshooter haze and not the front glass, need to get inside to check if its decementing or some oil
06-27-2016, 05:14 AM   #102

Hello.
Does anybody know how to disassembly the front lens of a Sigma 24mm super-wide II? I believe that no differences exist between the MF and AF units.
Thanks in advance.
06-30-2016, 06:06 AM   #103

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
I've done one of these before. It's pretty standard IIRC. Don't have one in front of me, but this might be one where the trim ring pries off rather than unscrews. Either way, it is a plastic piece, so more care is required than with typoical metal rings. Once under there, you can get access to the screws holding the barrel in and the front groups. You will porbably need solvent to remove threadlocker on the screw threads.
Thanks for the input. I feel discouraged about taking that ring off since I cannot see any space to use a lever, and I don't want to break anything. I just wanted to clean some little fungus on the inner part of the front lens.
08-06-2016, 08:05 AM   #104

smc DA18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR - disassemble the front glass

Hi,

I bought my first Pentax dslr about 4 years ago. It is a K-5 with 18-55mm kit lens. It has served me well all these years till recently when the lens started to has haze.
So I took the lens apart and found that the haze is actually on the front surface of this glass (see attached picture). And the glass is glued to the plastic structure.Does anyone know to separate them without causing irreversible damage?
Attached Images

08-23-2016, 07:13 PM   #105

Video on lens group disassembly for cleaning - Super Takumar 55mm f/1.8 lens