Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
24 Likes  
Pentax Lens Disassembly Database
Posted By: Chaos_Realm, 03-22-2012, 05:04 PM

Hi all,
I have recently been on the hunt for dis-assembly guides for the purpose of dust removal etc. They seem to be turning up in various places across the forum, so I plan on creating a list of all the Pentax lens disassembly posts here. I will categorise each lens like they are in the 'lens database' and you should be able to see which lenses have a guide and which do not. If I come across multiple guides then I will list them all under that lens so there is coverage or alternative explanations. And hopefully with your help we will be able to put together a substantial resource for the DIYer's here, although I do realize some lenses will never have an owner brave enough to strip down themselves due to the shear value. I know this will take quite some time but I think it will be worth it. I have restricted time at this point but I want to get the ball rolling. So here is what we have:

NB: Currently this tread is only for Pentax K-Mount & M42 Screw-mount lenses. Maybe once this has developed a bit I might look at introducing other pentax Mounts and or third party lenses and permitting time (and success of this resource) a cleaning guide with tips on tools and techniques. I am trying not to bite off more than I can chew for the moment so we will just stick with lenses listed below.

Digital Era K-mount Lenses Film Era K-Mount Lenses
M42 Screw Mount Lenses

Last edited by Not a Number; 04-13-2023 at 09:03 PM. Reason: added takumar-bayonet-28mm-f2-8 partial disassembly
Views: 215,774
02-13-2019, 10:13 AM   #166
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Partial disassembly of "K" smc 200mm f4 for cleaning

I have posted some pics and description here

Cleaning a pentax smc 200mm f4

02-13-2019, 03:06 PM   #167
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
I have posted some pics and description here

Cleaning a pentax smc 200mm f4
nice n easy, I disassembled mine years ago and it was the second lens group that was the offender. I ended up using soap and water to get it clean.Nice display and great write up.
05-25-2019, 05:46 AM   #168

I went through this thread and I didn't see anyone mention the proper tool for removing the ID ring:

amazon.com : Lens Ring Tool 42mm & 50mm

The small side is just the right size for most Taks (those which have 49mm filter threads).
05-25-2019, 06:10 AM   #169
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But if you're not keen on spending 10 bucks on a rubber bung, a piece of pipe of the appropriate diameter with the edge smoothed and some double sticky tape folded over works well.

My current problem is removing the nameplate on a vivitar 400mm, 72m filter thread. Namelate has no slots and is a very low profile one. I am going to have to diy an exact sized tool...

Attached Images

05-25-2019, 03:44 PM   #170
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
But if you're not keen on spending 10 bucks on a rubber bung, a piece of pipe of the appropriate diameter with the edge smoothed and some double sticky tape folded over works well.

My current problem is removing the nameplate on a vivitar 400mm, 72m filter thread. Namelate has no slots and is a very low profile one. I am going to have to diy an exact sized tool...
Be careful as you can scratch the name plate, Unless of course it doesn't matter
05-26-2019, 06:41 AM   #171
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Doesn't scratch the nameplate. Only issue is it can leave a smear of glue from the double sided tape.
06-20-2019, 04:25 AM   #172
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I found my 'Gift' SMC-F 35-70mm f3.5-4.5 Zoom on there BUT when I 'Click' on it I cannot get the disassembly instructions. The FOCUS ring is locked and Asahi Photo of Brentford Middlesex England said " No Parts available any more" any one help ?

07-10-2019, 06:43 AM   #173
Forum Member

DA15 disassembly guide

I see references to dcshooter's guide to DA15 disassembly, but I can't find it anywhere. I'm having severe barrel wobble and infinity focus issues. It sounds like this guide may be exactly what I need. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Scott

Originally posted by dcshooter Quote
Just posted partial disasssembly instructions in this thread for the DA15 for those with problems with focusing issues.

---------- Post added 04-14-15 at 06:20 AM ----------

Read more at: Pentax Lens Disassembly Database - Page 5 - PentaxForums.com
07-12-2019, 01:11 PM   #174
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by scottike Quote
I see references to dcshooter's guide to DA15 disassembly, but I can't find it anywhere. I'm having severe barrel wobble and infinity focus issues. It sounds like this guide may be exactly what I need. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Scott

Scott,

I believe dcshooter has been banned from Pentax Forums and his posts are no longer available for viewing.

Tim
12-24-2019, 04:36 PM   #175

Hi, New Guy, here. I've been using the forum quite a bit building, onto my Spotmatic / Takumar set. Have used the lens reviews, and this lens disassembly database, most. Today, I worked on a Super-Tak 20mm, to clean up the aperture. I just wanted to note, for any that follow, or for notation in the database, that the YouTube videos listed for the Takumar 28mm f3.5 are perfectly applicable to the 20mm.

I currently have a Spotmatic F, and original Spotmatic.
Have the 20mm f4.5, 28mm f3.5, 35mm f3.5, 50mm f1.4, a couple of 55mm f1.8, 135mm f3.5, 200mm f4.

I have a ButterGrip on one of the cameras... good for something extra to hang onto, especially when we're all so used to motor drives or built in DSLR grips.
01-29-2020, 03:53 PM - 1 Like   #176
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FYI linfk for takumar 200mm f4 doesn't work any more, but I found this u-tube video.

02-10-2020, 07:11 AM   #177

Hello, I had a problem with my pentax DA 35 mm f/2.4 (the focus was scratching, there was some sort of crumbs into the gear wheel) so I disassembled it to clean it. The problem is that I've been quite clumsy and I've broken the flex cable (fundamental, without it the camera doesn't talk with the lens and I cannot change even the aperture) and a thing that in this post someone called information brush (I haven't understood exaclty what it does but is connected to the autofocus, so I care but less, I can just use the lens in manual focus). Does someone know if it's possible to buy the replacements? I don't think it's possible to fix them (in particulat the broken flex cable, I've seen some video of people that sold it but it looks really hard). Here explicative pictures.
02-13-2020, 11:40 AM   #178

Hello, after an afternoon spent soldering I was able to recover the contacts between the card of the DA 35 f/2.8 and the pins that go to the camera, and I substituted the information brush with a copper wire that works equally good. But I still have a problem: now the lens doesn't go in enough and the focus stops after a couple of meters (is not electronic, is just that I cannot screw enough the focus ring). Did someone disassembly this lens already and can give me some tips? I really don't see other ways how it should be mounted...
06-15-2020, 07:37 AM   #179
Unregistered User

I canīt find any dismantle info on Pentax-FA 645 - lenses. Especially the 75/2.8. Any ideas?
07-11-2020, 12:57 PM   #180

This is very helpful information. I would like to ask here if there is a specific name to the screws that rest under the circular nameplate assemble. There are 3 screws, I believe 1.4mm x 3.5mm. Please correct me if I am mistaken on size. But I cannot recall if these screws (JIS style) have a name or not. I was just curious.