Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Source for Pentax parts
Posted By: manishved, 02-24-2014, 09:12 PM

Here is a great official source for all Pentax parts. I was able to get a replacement mount for a lens at a very reasonable cost.

Wildernest Logistics Solutions, Inc.
PENTAX Division
3500 N. Windsor Dr. Suite-400
Aurora, CO 80011
Ph. (720)988-2653
Fax (303)799-9213

Your "Likes" on this post are welcome....
Views: 3,914
02-27-2014, 09:02 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just tried calling them an no answer -- are these guys really in business? I also tried calling Wildernest directly on their 800 number and they said that "those guys no longer work here ever since being purchased by Ricoh". So what's the story???

M

---------- Post added 02-27-14 at 11:37 AM ----------

or are you simply trolling for "likes" ??

M
03-03-2014, 07:19 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Hmmm... I had bought a plastic mount for 55-300 not much long ago.....
03-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MJSfoto1956 Quote
So what's the story?
That is the out-sourced third-party logistics company that Hoya (and then Ricoh) contracted with to manage the warehouse / distribution for Pentax parts in the US. Like ALL third-party logistics providers, they are overworked and underpaid employees -- actually, in this case make that "employee" (singular) as I believe there is only one woman working there now, and she is incredibly over-worked. It is a shoe-string operation, and I gather the reason nobody answered (I had the same thing happen when I called several times) is because she is working out in the warehouse most of the time picking orders, etc. I was thoroughly disgusted and tried calling back Pentax and they just kept saying, "Nope, that is the only number we have for you to call. Sorry. Keep trying . . . ." Eventually I, too, tried calling the Wildernest company and talked with someone who had no idea what Pentax was, etc.

I have worked for a third-party logistics company, and they are frequently run like this. It is a sad comment on how truly crappy American corporations have become at "cutting costs" at the expense of workers and customers.

I did finally get ahold of the woman who worked there, and she was very helpful (and quite apologetic, for what it's worth), and I managed to get the part sent to me, though it was lost by UPS for a few days. All in all - quite an odyssey.

03-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #5

You might get better results sending a FAX.
03-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Lynn Badillo is a very nice and helpful lady. She is the only employee at that warehouse. And it is the only Pentax parts warehouse. She has gone the extra mile for me on several occasions.
Remember the time differences, and the fact she is entitled to breaks and lunches too.

* It just might be me that has her tied up on the phone for an eon. LOL
03-09-2014, 06:53 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FWIW, I believe all Pentax parts are now part of Ricoh Support. The phone number on their website put me in touch with Lynn and she got me my parts. It does not appear to be 3rd party any longer (even though it still might) Who knows?

M

07-21-2014, 02:24 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

info@prac.pentax.com

m