Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Sensor cleaning (all cameras) - very handy, tiny swabs
Posted By: BigMackCam, 12-06-2016, 01:59 AM

I was searching for some very, very small sensor swabs recently - small enough to clean the Q and Q7 sensor (or sensor guard, to be more accurate) but also to spot clean individual stubborn marks on larger sensors.

I couldn't locate any here in the UK, but did find some from what appears to be a fairly small supplier in Australia. They only show domestic delivery on their website shop, but via friendly e-mail exchange they said they were happy to ship to the UK and at reasonable cost.

The swabs are just 3.5mm wide and they are proper sensor-friendly swabs (not just cotton buds - please, don't use cotton buds!!), to be used with good quality sensor cleaning fluid. They also do a 7mm wide swab which might come in handy.

I've ordered a pack of 36 to try them out. Frankly, those should last me a loooooong time - but if I like them, I'll probably order a 100 pack as I can see these having a lot of applications in cleaning sensors, lenses, viewfinders, mirrors (on my older SLRs), electrical contacts etc.

For anyone interested, here's the link to the item:

Sensor & Lens Mini Swabs for lens, sensor and mirror.
Views: 1,200