Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Screws to mount silver plate back on a K-Mount Lens
Posted By: rjm007, 05-28-2017, 09:39 AM

I have an SMC 35-105 which someone has previously tried to modify and failed. I have now decided it's going to be a fixed aperture lens rather than chucking it out. I checked with a couple of places including Pentax/Harrow and the general view was that it was not an economical repair.

I just need to re-attach the silver plate to the lens itself so I can mount the lens and see how the optics are. Problem is I have no screws of which I need five. I did think of borrowing some off another lens but they seem to have been fitted by someone with a tyre fitter's spanner so I'd rather get some more screws.

Any suggestions ?
Views: 858
05-28-2017, 09:04 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Are these the screws you need? I'd gladly send them to you after taking them out of this lens.

This is an SMC Pentax-F 35-80mm which was basically a learner lens on how to take these apart. It is already non-functional, so it's hard to make it any worse!

If anybody else can benefit from pieces of this, let me know. I can send whatever is useful.
Attached Images

05-29-2017, 05:04 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
It's exactly those screws . I tried getting them out of a spare 50 I have here but either have the wrong tool or am too much of a wimp to force them.

Would be much obliged - will send you a PM

Thanks
06-04-2017, 09:27 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Many thanks to Astrodave who kindly sent me a set of screws for the plate in mention.

Sadly it seems like one step forward and two steps back. The two touch zoom/focus action seems to be one touch in that rotating the focus also rotates the zoom ring to variable amounts. Somewhere something should be blocking that. I've not given up hope (the lens only cost me $30 if memory serves) but the previous owner's attempt to do something with it has left it imperfect ...