Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
What is this Pentax 67 part called and where do I get one?
Posted By: PunkFunkDunk, 03-29-2018, 03:52 AM

Hi all

New to the forum as a new owner of a Pentax 67 kit (55/4 & 105/2.4). Apologies for the noob question, but my TTL prism came with a rubber eye cup attached to it. I would prefer the standard hard plastic ring that appears on most prisms (photo attached). I have searched eBay for the words “Pentax 67” + “eye piece” and similar, but can not find anything. Is there an official name for this part? Where can I buy one?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered. Looking forward to contributing to the forum once I get using the 67 (long time Leica M user so this will be an adjustment)!

Views: 2,038
03-29-2018, 06:31 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi PunkFunkDunk,
If I am not mistaken that part is metal as well and it's normally attached to the prism. I would look for prisms for parts.
03-29-2018, 07:38 AM   #3

According to the manual to mount the eyecup you unscrew the eyepiece and place it into the groove on the rubber eyecup and then screw it back on to the eyepiece frame on the prism housing. Page 37 of the manual. So just reverse the process.
03-29-2018, 07:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PunkFunkDunk Quote
Hi all

New to the forum as a new owner of a Pentax 67 kit (55/4 & 105/2.4). Apologies for the noob question, but my TTL prism came with a rubber eye cup attached to it. I would prefer the standard hard plastic ring that appears on most prisms (photo attached). I have searched eBay for the words “Pentax 67” + “eye piece” and similar, but can not find anything. Is there an official name for this part? Where can I buy one?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered. Looking forward to contributing to the forum once I get using the 67 (long time Leica M user so this will be an adjustment)!
very difficult to find Pentax 67 eyepiece and expensive, fortunately, you can search for Nikon F100 eyepiece, they fit Pentax 67 prism eyepiece.

03-29-2018, 09:45 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Yeah, it won't be an easy thing to find. You'll most likely have to purchase another prism to get it. And just a FYI. You are not seeing 100% of your captured image when you look through the prism.
03-29-2018, 02:19 PM - 1 Like   #6

Original Poster
What is this Pentax 67 part called and where do I get one?

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
According to the manual to mount the eyecup you unscrew the eyepiece and place it into the groove on the rubber eyecup and then screw it back on to the eyepiece frame on the prism housing. Page 37 of the manual. So just reverse the process.

Ah, genius! Yes, just to illustrate what a 67 noob I am, you are quite right. All I had to do was grab the eyecup, rotate it to unscrew from the prism, then slip the eyecup off and, et voila, there is the piece I am looking for! Ha ha.

Thanks all. Learning, learning ...

Last edited by PunkFunkDunk; 03-30-2018 at 01:05 AM.